• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats the difference m101a2/m116a2

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I'm pretty this has been covered many times here................

M116A2 is the chassis, with the tub it is a M101A2

Or my frame has a M116A2 tag and the box has a M101A2 tag.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
One is a cargo trailer with bed sides, and one is a flat bed generator trailer with out bed sides. The 116 is extremely hard to find covers for. Myself and a buddy have been looking for almost 8 months.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to the TM the M101A2 is the cargo version and the M116A2 is the chassis designation. Different beds are used on the chassis from the full flatbed Gimpster mentioned to some more unique ones with just rails and fenders. The entire family of trailers is well explained in te TM including spring updates, chassis sizes and such. If you have a 101 or 116 of any designation, you need the TM for your bathroom or portajohn.

Gimpy, George @ VTCS was the last person I was able to get a NOS 116 genset bed cover from. He is retired now but still peddles his leftover wares on EBay. Worth a try if you haven't already.

jeepin

Some of the m116 have fewer leafs in the spring packs. Mine had a tag of the drawbar to this effect and had a couple less leafs than my 101a2.