• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the weight and length of M35a2 w/ winch and M105 trailer

trider

I am needing to get a shipping quote to ship a deuce and trailer. Does anyone know what kinda weight and length I'm looking at. The deuce is a winch truck. The trailer has a spare engine and tranny in it also. I have googled the specs for both but needing some real world input and hoping someone has actually put a tape of a deuce and trailer.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am needing to get a shipping quote to ship a deuce and trailer. Does anyone know what kinda weight and length I'm looking at. The deuce is a winch truck. The trailer has a spare engine and tranny in it also. I have googled the specs for both but needing some real world input and hoping someone has actually pit a tape of a deice and trailer.
It is listed in the TM's for a stock deuce.
You should get the seller measure the truck your buying . Tire size , with or without rear cover , modifactions are all factors .

Last edited:

3dAngus

You can reduce the length for shipping several feet by raising the front landing leg on the M105 and tucking the A-Frame under the deuce for transport as well.

trider

The guy that is selling it does not have it stored at his house as his HOA will not let him keep a truck of that size in the neighbourhood. It has a canvas bed cover and rails but was thinking of taking those off for transport. Tires are stock. That is true about detaching the trailer. Never thought about that. I have it listed on uship.com just trying to give the guys bidding the best specs I can.

Snoclo

I second that ^^^^ put it the bed strap it down. I believe when I had 1 scaled A few years back, it was approximately 13,7?? lbs. with 1/2 tank of fuel & me(235)in it. Don't know what the trailer weight is.
Truck length is approximately 25'.
Al in Iowa (319)899-3727, you can give me a call & I can give you more info, I responded to another posting of yours earlier this morning before spotting this 1.

Last edited:

trider

Ok I have bought the deuce and will be having the trailer placed in the bed for shipment. I have a guy who wantes to give me quote on shipping it but wants to be sure the weight will not exceed 17,500. My question is with the spare engine, spare transmission, spare fuel tank, and 3 spare tires and wheels so you all think the deuce and trailer and parts will be under 17,500 pounds?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok I have bought the deuce and will be having the trailer placed in the bed for shipment. I have a guy who wantes to give me quote on shipping it but wants to be sure the weight will not exceed 17,500. My question is with the spare engine, spare transmission, spare fuel tank, and 3 spare tires and wheels so you all think the deuce and trailer and parts will be under 17,500 pounds?
You'll be over it with all those parts.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How much would you guess? I am trying to make the best educated weight guess and need some help.
Truck 13,500
Engine 2,000
Trailer 2,700
Trans 250
Tank 100
Wheels 400

Just a estimate. May be more depending on covers/bows/troop seats/exc. About 19K already.

mbehne

All weights approx. from various sources.

Truck 13,000-13,500#
M105 2750#
MF engine in cube 3050# (seems light but found that # 2 places)
Tranny , tires and fuel tank ?

So you know you will be 20k or more. I would probably err on the heavy side and say21-22k.