• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats this and where does it go?

Greatthumper

Lost wire.jpgI found a wire disconnected. I have looked for about 2 hours and can not find what it goes to. Is this just "extra" or is it to something? I had a horrible electrical Gremlin in the truck for the last week. I found this looking for the problem. The Gremlin was a loose ground on the drivers side alt (Thank God). But now this thingy? The wire comes out of the firewall (circled in picture) is light/medium blue with a red stripe.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Gonzomatic

I just ran across that wire too. After determining that it got no volts with headlights, wipers, blackout, etc, I decided it was hacked in by a PO. Interesting to hear the truth.

MtnSnow

The Blue with Red stripe is/was used on the M1010 for the Ambu-box heater as well with units equipped with arctic heater kits. Usually the wire is taped up and bundled back when new but with age they usually end up hanging unused making us go stir crazy trying to figure out where it goes..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks