• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's this worth?

Ddk2001

So - I'm mulling over some changes to my HMMWV - trying to figure out which way to go with my soft top / doors.

I currently have a nearly new tan 4-door soft top kit. It's really in excellent condition - kit is only a few months old and truck is stored indoors. Pictures attached. I'm wondering what the top, rear curtains, and doors are worth if I were to sell them???

I'm going to repaint (in camo) and am trying to figure out whether to go all green top and doors, possibly camo top with hard half-doors . . . not sure - but do know I don't want to keep the tan.

I've seen sales of lots of doors in poor shape, and some new tops and curtains - but haven't seen a full tan set anywhere.

Opinions on the value of the full tan set?

Thx
-D

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just search the local auction sites...that pretty much dictate current prices....it's a supply and demand issue now that GMA is out of business and govt is no longer mfg'ing soft skinned vehicles.
i see just rear curtains going for 700.00 bucks...shipping is the killer on these kits if it requires the C-pillar is shipped.

Sintorion

Tan complete tops are in demand and hard to find. $2k for the top, doors, and c-pillar would probably sell easy on ebay. Shipping is the killer. You would either have to ship it freight or break it up in to several shipments and then even at that, the c-pillar might be too big would be tricky. The total weight for the top, doors, bows, and c-pillar is 100lbs.

Ddk2001

Just search the local auction sites...that pretty much dictate current prices....it's a supply and demand issue now that GMA is out of business and govt is no longer mfg'ing soft skinned vehicles.
i see just rear curtains going for 700.00 bucks...shipping is the killer on these kits if it requires the C-pillar is shipped.
I'd keep the C-Pillar and side rails - just sell/ship the top, curtain, and doors. Breton has 4 tan doors @ $825 . . .

Action

The 4-man curtain can fold up smaller than the 2-man curtain. The metal rod in them determines how short the package can be.

Wire Fox

corrected, but still not bad...IMO.
I've got to agree on that pricing. I've been shopping for two front doors and I keep seeing snotty, beaten up doors all over fleabay and a couple of used part locations for anywhere from $60-150 for nothing that looks all that great. Paying $50 more than that for a brand-new part that will work great for a long time really isn't such a bad deal. I really think the only way to get a better price-relatively-is to find a complete or near-complete kit going for less than market value. Either that, or find some guy that decided they wanted hard doors instead that is essentially giving away their leftover soft doors.

Sundowner9000

I went back and forth about used doors and new all over the Internet. Finally decided to buy a set of 4 from Breton for 800 out the door shipping included. All are complete doors built to mil specs. Seems like it was hands down the best option, for me anyways

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks