• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's this wrecker worth ?

m.walker

Wrecker worth ? Video added

Alright money's needed and I'm considering selling off the wrecker . It's got a clear title , gasser , runs and drives , lights , boom works right , some rust .
Needs - radiator leaks , paint not so hot , front winch not hooked up ( but has new cable and pto shaft , but not on it ) .
What's the value on this ? I may be interested in partial trades ( stepdeck trailer , diesel tractor , ??? )
Is $4,500 out of line ? I've watched what alot of them sell for but you never know . So what do you think ? If it's not worth about that then it's better to keep it and work around the money issues . I use tractor trailers more and this mostly sits ! Ideas ???

Attachments

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks pretty good in the pics. Being a gasser is going to devalue it some. Even so, I'd say 4500 is a good price for a running M62 in decent shape.

FreightTrain

Banned
If I had the money or a way to get it,I would be all over it like a politician on a bribe,Cop on a donut,Murphy on Wreckerman,mangus on a truck sticking mudhole........I don't care if it cost me 1MPG.I sure don't buy my army trucks for the fuel ecconomy.If I want to take it long distances to a rally I will hire a semi to haul it and drive my more fuel efficient vehicle(ranger or deuce) and just unload and put on display.2bucks a mile is still cheaper than driving some trucks and you can get 1 or 2 on a semi.

m.walker

I just don't know if I could find 45 people willing to gamble $100 , maybe if the tickets were $50 ? I have a better one with the flag I'll see if I can copy it , it's from the rear a friend took it .

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sell em for $50 or $100 whichever you like, just tell people ahead of time, if you don't sell enough you're not going to raffle the truck, and return the money to people. It's kind of a hassle, but could be worth it to you and whom ever wins!!

Just a thought!!!

m.walker

Just trying to get a way to fairly draw a number would be interesting . Maybe go off the last digits of the lotto or something like that so noone could claim it was rigged .

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That could work. Does MO have a daily 3 digit drawing? You can buy raffle tickets real cheap, just get a roll and separate out the ones from 000 to 099. If you sell all 100 of them for even $45 you would have your $4500 and could use the last two digits of the daily drawing for the winner...Ex...396 is the number...096 wins the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks