• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's this?

kenn

I decided to remove the remnants of the mechanical windshield wiper fluid pump handle as the rubber hoses are just hanging, the nozzle is completely painted over, and the reservoir tank/plumbing is long gone. I though the attached picture was it, but when I searched the part number, it comes back as, "Air brake alcohol evaporator heater". What the heck does it do? It's not connected to anything so whatever things were connected to it are long gone. I'm removing old stuff that was half-removed and will box it up in case it ever comes up as "needed", lol. Maybe it was used as a windshield washer reservoir instead? I wish my deuce could talk to me. I'm sure there are interesting stories to be told. Note this was mounted on the driver side engine side of the firewall. There is a pickup tube in it that has an allen bolt firmly in place and no hole in the firewall for a tube to come through near it.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was an alcohol evaporation system that was part of an arctic kit for cold weather. It might be for the windshield washer (most M44 series trucks don't have a windshield washer), but I believe they were mainly for the air system.

rustystud

There was an alcohol evaporation system that was part of an arctic kit for cold weather. It might be for the windshield washer (most M44 series trucks don't have a windshield washer), but I believe they were mainly for the air system.
What he said. Alcohol systems are really old school when it comes to keeping water out of the air lines. They were basically all discontinued by the 1970's as they found the alcohol ate up the seals in the air system. Really sucks to find you have no brakes because the brake application valve leaked all the air out of the system. That last reference was for over the road trucks, not the Deuce. Still the Deuce uses several valves especially when towing a trailer.

tommys2patrick

the bottle for the windshield washer fluid was mounted to the driver side drop down engine bay panel. a white plastic bottle. it had a rubber siphon tube that came through the firewall. usually through one of the same holes for the steering wheel shaft or similar near it. not sure how effective or durable it was.

kenn

the bottle for the windshield washer fluid was mounted to the driver side drop down engine bay panel. a white plastic bottle. it had a rubber siphon tube that came through the firewall. usually through one of the same holes for the steering wheel shaft or similar near it. not sure how effective or durable it was.
Thanks, Fellas! Both systems were just a small piece of whatever was there originally so they were removed. I will take out the remnants of the ether injection brackets as well. That's all that's left of that system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks