• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats up with my deuce's wipers ?

Bugoutwhistler

My driver side air wiper motor works fine and the other dosen't. I have good air pressure to the passenger side and I thought the motor was bad so I got another one and it still does the same thing . Any ideas ?:cookoo:

Bugoutwhistler

I turn the air wide open and somethimes the line blows off , and the other motor I got was tested and worked so ..... I would like to get the electric wipers but I have a few other things to do first and if i can get it to work I would like to do it

gungearz

I believe it was $175/$200 and I never have to worry about, if they work in the next storm. I believe I bought them on eBay and it came with all of the instructions and mounting hardware. N.O.S. Boxed. Took about 2 hours to install it. I'm sure there are threads on the site that talk about the conversion...

shenkmen

Pop the air lines off and lube the wipers with air tool oil. This is a maintenance item and needs to be done periodically.

MDSA is right. Open the valve until they both start swinging then you can back off some.

My wipers were shot so I replaced them with NOS air wipers. They work perfect.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some time the "park" button sticks. Hold the park button in on the motor that works and see it it pops the button out on the other motor. Don't know why it does, but it does on mine.

eagle4g63

I don't have that problem anymore. It was a great cheap investment for me to upgrade to electric wipers. Ill never look at those air actuators again...

Yeah, yeah.....ooooh, I have electric!!!!!!:roll:

At least my air wipers will work after an EMP blast :mrgreen:

LOL, I guess it is at least SOMETHING you did to that thing since you got it:whistle:

Heavysteven

Yeah, the air wipers are a PITA that's a deuce fact. How far open can lift the windshield with those electric wipers.

The motors are actually quiet simple to take apart and clean.

Deucenut

I had the same problem with my wipers when I got my truck. I pulled the motor apart and found the wiper shaft was frozen in the housing. Some PB Blaster, patience, and elbow grease and it came free. I cleaned it well and greased it up and it has worked wonderfully since then.

Good luck.

212sparky

I replaced the plastic ones with metal. No issues since. I also put a valve between the two motors so I can slow down the passenger motor.

Kohburn

the 24v electric jeep wiper kits are only about 50$ each, I used different wiper blades on mine and I reclocked the autopark so that both wipers face the center of truck when off.

I rebuilt the air wipers and they worked for a while then failed again. not worth it when the electric ones are so easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks