• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats up with the sealed biding

TJP

Whats up with sealed biding on the 5 tons? Do think its just another mistake with the computer system, or does this happen with large lots?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speculation is that the items aren't bring enough money and GL doesn't want us to know how much they are going for. They never publish the sealed bid prices.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
COULD be a way for GL to rig the bidding, being the SEALED bid price IS NOT shown, I just don't trust GL

TJP

Makes no since to have a form for GL if everything thats prevalent can not be degusted.
aua

Last edited:

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you asked about sealed bidding with out mentioning auctions at Camp Shelby, I think the outcome would be different. My .02.

TJP

Thanks Matt,

Changed post I hope that make others happy. Going out to the Garage to have some fun. :jumpin:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This could be a way for GL not let a truck go for LESS then thay want, you would think you were overbid, later when the truck shows back up, you would think the hi bidder defaulted

papercu

This could be a way for GL not let a truck go for LESS then thay want,
If they wanted to they could just add a reserve, more likely they are just trying ways. Methinks you boys have been reading to many conspiracy theory. Wayne

TJP

If you all could see where the GL office is located here in Scottsdale AZ you would know that they are not hurting for CASH. They are located in some of the most expensive restate in Arizona and they have two floors.

SPCWarning

It seems they would want to sell them at whatever the highest bid is so they can get rid of them since there are so many. I also noticed there were 96 lots, then it changed to 54 lots at about the same time they changed to sealed bidz. I almost opened my piggy bank and bid but got skeered because of my work schedule. No way I could figure out a pickup plan working 28/28.....maybe I'll catch the next lot at the right time. I want to do the recovery myself. Dang.

camp9

I found the past bid results from camp shelby for October 3-5. Was that a sealed bid sale or auction? Thanks, Camp

Last edited:

camp9

So by the sounds of it the sealed bid sale probably went about the same as the auction type sale three days after. I'll re-post this question in another area if this one dosen't apply, but the trucks with the armor cabs, do they ever come up for sale? Thanks, Camp

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks