• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's your Favorite Deuce Paint Color

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I havn't done any research on this, but was/is the sebees the only unit with a logo on the truck? Why would the color be different from other units?
My deuce came from the USMC and had the 4-color camo pattern. At Tobyhanna, back in '97, I spotted a seebee deuce, it was sand color and fitted with a deep water fording kit as I remember.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 24087 color seems to be the primary color used my most Seabee units. They've done the tan color and some of the truck had 3 color NATO and 383 green. Really they used what they could get. Some batallions even had different logos as well. My truck was the dark semigloss and belonged to NMCB74. They painted lots of trim stuff yellow such as shackles, pintles and some bumper ends. My reasearch is still ongoing. Brad's truck seems to be typical of lots of Seabee trucks.

red devils dude

:shocked:
that is the same color as the base coat on my truck.
the in side of the hood and where the top coats are flaking off
is the same brad900 pics now I need to chose CARC or 24087 green bugger.

cbvet

Regarding SEABEES & SEABEE trucks:

You know the SEABEES motto is CAN DO! , but at times we thought it should be MAKE d0. The Marines always complained that the other military services got the better equipment. Well the SEABEES got the stuff that the Marines didn't want.

I even remember when they gave us old reject 81mm mortar ammo. They figured being "only" SEABEES, we didn't have much use for it anyway. Then they had to call on us to save their butts (700 rounds), & their attitude changed.

SEABEES had to make it work, & we did.

I recall an Army jeep that somehow "fell" down a mountain. SEABEES recovered it within an hour, & had it up & running the next day. It of course somehow got a SEABEE logo on it right away, so the Army wouldn't mistake it for one of theirs...........

There was a large military junkyard around DaNang. It was kinda like SEABEE heaven! Imagine a hundred acres of stuff, & you could have anything you wanted.

Colors? We got IH trucks in VietNam that were painted bright orange. We scrounged up paint from the Marines, Army, Air Force, & probably the viet cong. As long as it came out "green" we used it.

As to the question why do the SEABEES put their logo on their trucks? PRIDE!

Eric Wendt

MCB 62

VietNam 1966-1968

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Sniper! Don't worry about the english, we'll figure it out. The M36 looks great! MERDC is what thats called here but I like it!! Glad to have you on board with us!
Kenny

painkiller

the other day i saw this deuce with a winter camo paint of white being the main background and grey and black over it, and it looked actually pretty cool, plus you don't see much of them painted like that , hard to find canvass i would imagine because you'd have to get it made white

amanco

I just bought my first MV on eBay. A '53 M37. I have wanted an M37 since I first saw one at the Submarine base in Groton CT when I was stationed at CBU-414. Yes I am a SeaBee. I was attached to NMCB74 when I got out in 1994. I plan on doing my rig up as a Navy SeaBee vehicle.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome my brother. I had a deuce pipeline truck from NMCB74. The current wrecker project will be a Seabee vehicle. Post them pics!

EastCoastKaiser

I really like the vietnam-era Semi Gloss OD Green 24087 with contrasting white lettering. I've found that Aervoe paint changes from gloss green to flat brown in a year or two. Gillespie tends to stay true longer. At least for me anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks