• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats your favorite headlight?

Ahh whatever the local auto shop had in stock. The kid behind the counter asked me if I wanted standard replacements or the "really sweet ones". I was cringing inside thinking really sweet would be very spendy, then he tells me the price for the sweet ones! Around 30 bucks per side, so I threw down the big money for the "really sweet ones".

Drock

Stock replacement halogen bulbs. They last just as long as any fancy new ones and can be bought at any auto parts store or walmart along the highway for a fraction of the cost of the fancy one you have to order. 2cents

gnick

[h=1]SYLVANIA H6054 SilverStar High Performance Halogen Headlight[/h]
I use these with great results. cheap too

Russm

May I assume you've tried all three?
If so, do you have pictures of the beam pattern on the road? Wouldn't mind something better than the two light spots on the road surrounded by darkness.

iacucv

Anyone tried the Vision X sealed beam replacements? Converts the headlight to use 9007 bulbs, very common. I've got some headed my way, will report back results. Will also put in the LMC headlight harness to be safe.

blueblaze

Don't use the LMC harness. its made by putco and its garbage. Get the painless one its way nicer, with zero mods. I put the painless harness on one of my trucks and the stock headlights got way brighter, then I replaced with hella european lenses with 80/100w bulbs. stepped into the 21st century. And they aren't annoying like all these idiots nowadays that run around with HIDs and LED lightbars that blind everyone.

blueblaze

Yeah, I bought one of those putco ones and I don't think the relays lasted more then 15 minutes, no inline fuse before the relays and the connectors were not built to good tolerances. The painless one is P/N 30815. It can be installed perfectly into these trucks. The only thing you'll have to do is cut the one plastic connector down a little bit that plugs into one of your headlight plugs as the relay signal because the factory headlight connectors work on a 90* and it bottoms out before making electrical contact in the connector. Takes 30 secs to do with a knife. You'll notice it when you go to put it together and its not a big deal. The painless one is also all waterproof with the relays and fuse holder all having packard wire seals. The picture shows what connector needs to be cut down a bit. No worries about this, it still fits snug and perfectly afterwards. You'll be so surprised how well your headlights brighten up after this. Especially with a headlight upgrade like you plan.
615osD5vAXL._SL1500_.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks