• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats your monthly/Yearly up keep on you Deuce?

alfred10

I was wondering what you guys spend each month/ year to keep you deuce running. Also can these go anywhere that 18 wheelers can? Will they fit through tunnels and bridges where most vehicles go?

alfred10

How big is the inside of the bed? What types of cars or other large objects will fit? Not sure if you could use a hill with plywood to load a car?
What ammount of weight in the bed or on trailer would require a cdl? Not sure if there is a max weight before a PA CDL would be required. I found these regs
When do I need a Pennsylvania CDL instead of my regular Pennsylvania Drivers License?
A Pennsylvania CDL is required if you operate any of the following CMV's . . .
1. A vehicle with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,000 lbs.
2. A vehicle towing a unit with a manufacturer's GVWR of more than 10,000 lbs. when the GCWR exceeds 26,000 lbs.
3. A vehicle used to . . .(a.) carry 15 or more passengers (excluding the driver), or (b.) carry (15) or less people (including the driver) when carrying children to or from school and home regularly for compensation.
4. A vehicle carrying hazardous materials in amounts requiring placarding.

scooter01922

Ok, you are new but PLEASE use the search function. Thus far all your questions have been basic enough that search will cover it. Welcome to the site by the way. :-D

littlebob

I was wondering what you guys spend each month/ year to keep you deuce running. Also can these go anywhere that 18 wheelers can? Will they fit through tunnels and bridges where most vehicles go?
That would depend on a lot of things, miles driven would be the biggest factor. Kind of hard to put a price on it without all the info.

alfred10

Lets say 200 miles a month on highways and regular road ways. Like twice a week for a 19 or 60 mile trip or maybe just a 2 mile. I want one but since im not a mechanic, I was wondering how much more than a mustang it would be to do average stuff to?

roscoe

:ditto:
In my humble opinion, the cost to maintain the deuce appears to be the same as any truck of comparable size. It will depend a lot on how you use it. As this truck is 6x6, it is often used pretty hard off road by some. This will add considerably to the break and maintiinance schedule. Well built trucks though. You would have more breaking on a standard truck used the same way.

roscoe

The regularly scheduled maintenance will be quite a bit more than a mustang. You've got many more filters and fluids to change plus 10 tires to replace when the time comes.

BugEyeBear

My habit runs about $2000.00 per month. This month was about $8000.00 and it is only the 11th.
$2K/month for one Deuce?!?

You could just attend a new GSA auction each month & get a "new" one!!

Is your budget for one or ALL of your fleet?

IF one, what are you spending all this $$ on?

(Let's not scare anyone off with exaggerated $$ amounts!)

-Bear-

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greg, I think you have more than a habit. I think you have a full blown addiction. I think maybe we should schedule an intervention. No wait, that won't work. It would be like a bunch of pot heads trying to tell a drug addict to quit :-D.

We kind of sound like a drug dealer anyway when a newbie comes around wanting a truck. " Just try a little taste of this M105. What could a little M105 hurt?" :-D.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have five deuces. Including property taxes, insurance, tags (as commercial - no antique or MV plates in SC for a deuce), fuel, parts, trips to get parts and supplies - about $2000 a year. Of course that is about 2-3 dollars a mile for the miles they are driven. YMMV.

PorscheTech911

I just happened to "accidently" wander across this site, and now I'm trying to sell anything I can find to buy one! It IS addictive and I love it, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy..... deuce :razz:

2Deuces wild

Ah yes the Green disease, Its your down fall. Once you start using this drug you can't quit.

The cost depends on the age and how well the truck was kept up. $2000 a year sounds

right. Axle leaks seem the most common failure. Ive had 3 so far. A full set of tork rod bushings.

2 new front axle boots, bearing and seals. oil and filters, fuel filters, Radiator flush and

coolant filter. Gun mounts. tires.:-D

Attachments

PorscheTech911

I don't know about you guys, but I start to foam at the mouth a little... I'm sure there is a disease or name for it. The doctors just try to get me in this size to small white jacket and put me in a padded room (hillarious fun) :-D:razz:

dittle

OD Fever is the disease. Unless you have a catastrophic failure I would say that the first year is always the most expensive. As most of us get this stuff from GL you are more than likely to do the following in the first year:

1. Change all the filters/fluids
2. Repair any issues found during recovery
3. Repair all of the new issues (seals) that come up from not being used for a long time
4. Customize it to your liking
5. Cost of the vehicle itself

Last edited: