• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats your thoughts on spin on primary and secondary fuel filters?

dabtl

Glad this thread came along. I bought two 33405 primary spin on filters to put on the trucks tomorrow. The trucks are not driven a lot, but they both had partial primary filters when bought. I suspect if there is crud in the fuel the new filters have had enough time to need changing.

dabtl

Just changed the primary filters out. Took maybe five minutes. GLAD I did!!! The drainage looked like 10 wt. dirty motor oil on the newest deuce. The other had some crud but the filter was much more clean.

I am going to change out the secondary filters on the newest deuce , just to be sure. The crud in that primary was really nasty stuff. OK, I edited this because I just changed out the newest deuce secondary filters. The first in line from the primary was kind of messy black, but it moved about with just a finger pressure. The third in line was clean. So, now we all know that having multiple inline filters has a purpose. Just kidding.

Now, I think I have air in the lines and I am looking at how to cure that.

I am really glad that I had enough sense to listen to jatonka, the others that came later in producing spin adapters, it really does make a huge difference. The bad news is if the government had known about the spin on adapters, they deuce would probably still be in service.

It is not only a good idea to put on the spin off filters, but also to change them out from time to time!!!

Last edited:

ATPTac

I plan in putting spin on filters on our Deuce. At the very least the primary fuel filter just for ease of changing the filter down the road. Clinto brings up a good point about the dry starts, but at the same time why continue to have dry starts if it can be prevented? I guess it really comes down to if you have the money and aren't concerned with keeping the truck original, why not?

dabtl

I just now finished changing the spin on fuel filters. I had to figure out how to bleed the air out, simple really, and everything works fine. Next time it might take ten minutes total to change out all three of the fuel filters. But, probably on the primary in actual fact. I think draining it every couple of months might lead to a longer life span, but then who knows?