• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Covers / Rim Protectors

VVFD

Where can I purchase a set of these?
Thanks
We got a set of 6 a little over a year ago on-line (ebay). There are at least two versions of them that all use the same part number.
Four of our six fit perfectly, the other two were a different version and we had to do some trimming to get them to work properly.
The problem is the slits already provided did not line up with the CTIS configuration on the wheels, we simply had to cut/modify the slits to get the 'hubcap' to fit correctly. Not difficult.

Third From Texas

I didn't even bother to trim mine. It only takes a minute to remove the covers and I really can't say that I've ever had to access the valve stem or CTIS assembly.

They were thrown away in the field, I hear. Motor pool didn't want to mess with them. You could find them at auction for $80 a set but they have long since dried up. The last ones I saw on eBay were fetching like $150 ea. I seriously doubt there are any left out there (that are not on someone's truck).

If you want covers I would take your spare and drop it off at a machine shop. Have them just cut you flat disks/wheel rings. They look just as cool, won't collect mud, etc, and will offer just as much protection tho the CTIS hoses. *See pic for inspiration

Then for the stand-offs and bolts, order up some thread coupling nuts and some bolts (Granger Tools was the best price I found for couplings). *See pic for the OEM bolt compared to the coupling nut + bolt

Attachments

coachgeo

.... you want covers I would take your spare and drop it off at a machine shop. Have them just cut you flat disks/wheel rings. They look just as cool, won't collect mud, etc, and will offer just as much protection tho the CTIS hoses. *See pic for inspiration

Then for the stand-offs and bolts, order up some thread coupling nuts and some bolts (Granger Tools was the best price I found for couplings). *See pic for the OEM bolt compared to the coupling nut + bolt
tis my plan but will make out of plywood covered with bed liner at first. hope to experiment some with slots, groves, fins or???? to blow air up over side walls more to lower tire temps.

fd33me

I didn't even bother to trim mine. It only takes a minute to remove the covers and I really can't say that I've ever had to access the valve stem or CTIS assembly.

They were thrown away in the field, I hear. Motor pool didn't want to mess with them. You could find them at auction for $80 a set but they have long since dried up. The last ones I saw on eBay were fetching like $150 ea. I seriously doubt there are any left out there (that are not on someone's truck).

If you want covers I would take your spare and drop it off at a machine shop. Have them just cut you flat disks/wheel rings. They look just as cool, won't collect mud, etc, and will offer just as much protection tho the CTIS hoses. *See pic for inspiration

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll go that route and just keep on truck'n! That's a HELLOF'a great design!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks