• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Cylinder p/n, where are you?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The WP numbers that you referred to before, are a work package number(I think thats what it's called). It's a number that refers to a repair/work procedure.

I don't have a full understanding of those, sorry.

Maybe someone else can help with this.

crazywelder72

ok.. lets try this the simple way. I need a total cross-reference list of parts to service a Hub and Brake with seal numbers and gasket numbers and such.

I already have bearing numbers, shoe numbers, and wheel cylinder numbers.

i downloaded 2 cross referance sheets but some items are not shown

jaxsof

OK, Screen shots that come out 3"x3" are fairly useless. If you if you go to file/print and change the target from your printer to Adobe PDF, and print the page (it'll ask you where you wish to place it) and then upload it to Steel Soldiers, then we can see what the heck you're talking about.

Thats all of the adobe lessons for today. You may now resume your previous querry.

crazywelder72

That much I know, however on a mac its a bit different. when printing you can select save as pdf, however since my last update it wont allow me to save as a pdf while in printing mode. But i think i may found what i need... THINK....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is only one seal on the front hub.

2 seals on the rear hubs.

Simply called inner and outer seals at most parts suppliers(such as Erik's)

Last edited:

crazywelder72

I am stuck hitting the Napa's and auto-zone's for as much as possible. thats why in-part i try to find the cross reference numbers. I have ordered parts with great success and great prices but i am getting strapped for cash, so if there are parts i can return unused it is a HUGE help to me.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DH,

Work packages are the new way the soldiers learn how to perform their tasks. A Work Package is supposed to have everything to do a particular task (tools needed, number of soldiers, parts needed, supplies, etc. and step by step instructions on exactly what to do. Supposedly, the soldiers are not able to mess up if they follow the instructions. Sometimes the WP's need revising because as WM has pointed out, Mother Nature is making id-10-t's faster than the WP's can be revised.

crazywelder72

DH,
A Work Package is supposed to have everything to do a particular task (tools needed, number of soldiers, parts needed, supplies, etc. and step by step instructions on exactly what to do.
So I am just trying to understand this better. A newer designed manual that has EVERYTHING in one place to do a job without needing to flip thru 3 different manuals is a bad idea?

If we never tried to improve on anything just because it was already done as is, we would all still be traveling in a Model T .

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's probably the other way around.

Because the kids these days are so stupid, we have to provide "kits" to simplify the issue at hand to the point that they can do it while huffing aerosols, drinking hand sanitizer, and drooling like invalids. It seems that now-a-days, if it's not a game, you cannot motivate the youth to do it.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many of the parts, like the axle seals, are proprietary items only used on military trucks. You will not find all of the parts, in the civilian supply chains.

You just have to learn(by familiarization) what you can get locally, or must order.