• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Cylinder Rebuild Issues, Re-use Outer Seals

rustystud

You got it Richard, TM is the acronym for Tech Manuals. I'm and aircraft mechanic by trade, so I encourage individuals to maintain their equipment by the book. Source the manuals for your model trucks. Invaluable information is contained in them. Then get to know your equipment, and their maintenance history. If you cannot establish when something was last accomplished or serviced, make a list and start the maintenance process when time and resources are available. You will have a lot more confidence in the reliability of equipment when you know it maintenance history. Keep a maint. log for each truck. This site and it's member contain a wealth of experience/knowledge and parts availability. All willing to help those who help themselves.
Now pull that axle out and check the condition of the bearing.
An air-craft mechanic. Now that is cool ! I've worked with several guys who left the air industry back in the 1980's to work on our busses. They tell stories of how strict the FAA is about every little detail . Do you get to work on Turbines much ?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, big jets. Douglas and Boeing equipment. I have been fortunate and stayed in the industry during the slumps. Yes, the FAA and the regulations are strict in regards to processes, parts, and repairs. Everything is accomplished by the book. The tech data utilized has to be at the latest revision, parts are all tagged, tools utilized to determine serviceability are calibrated. Currently I am in Quality Assurance/Aging aircraft .

rustystud

Yep, big jets. Douglas and Boeing equipment. I have been fortunate and stayed in the industry during the slumps. Yes, the FAA and the regulations are strict in regards to processes, parts, and repairs. Everything is accomplished by the book. The tech data utilized has to be at the latest revision, parts are all tagged, tools utilized to determine serviceability are calibrated. Currently I am in Quality Assurance/Aging aircraft .
I had the opportunity to go work for Delta airlines back in the late 1980's. They said they would retrain me as long as I committed to work there for at least 6 years. I had to sign a contract and everything. I didn't want to commit to a job that I was unsure about. Six years is a pretty good chunk of time ! So I said no, but I always thought it would be cool to work on Turbines !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks