• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Cylinders

DeuceBlazer

Does anyone kno where to buy wheel cylinders for dueces, or does anyone have the casting numbers off of the wheel cylinders?

Boatcarpenter

Look at OD Iron's picture. Casting #3087. Just replaced one on my Deuce. Got a GI one from a friend. Priced at NAPA about 50 bucks or something like that. OD Iron is a good price from what I can find.
BC

Blood_of_Tyrants

The biggest pain is removing the wheels. Then remove the brake drum, the brake lines and the cylinder. You may be able to do it without removing the brakes. Piece of cake.

gmayor

I have done several lately. Did all of them without removing the shoes, just stuck screwdriver in each side to hold shoes apart, it is a piece of cake. Maybe hour and half at most per wheel with hand tools.

Boatcarpenter

yellobronc, my first time in there also. Not bad. Wheels are heavy but just get set up and go methodically. Hub and drum is heavy, I just stood over it and got good grip on both sides and went slowly so as not to ding threads. Didn't remove shoes, just forced them wide open and held them with adjusters. All in all ,not bad.
BC

m35a2cowner

Brake parts

I got my wheel cylinders from Ted's Trucks. $25 If i remember correctly. Also wheel cylinder kits $4.00. I would change the axle seals while you have the hub off as well. Use the proper wheel bearing grease (search the forum ). Also!!!!! pay close attention to the instructions about putting the cork in the key way underneath the outer wheel bearing or else you will get an axle leak almost right away (don't ask me how I know). If your going to do a bit of axle work its worth investing in a axle nut socket from NAPA. Good luck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Brake parts

I almost always rebuild my wheel cylinders to assure they are right. When I do have to install new ones, they come apart before installation to make sure they are right.

DeuceBlazer

RE: Brake parts

i would also like to thank everyone for their help. I just purchased 2 wheel cylinders from OD Iron for about 23 bucks apiece, sure beats payin 72 from napa. I kno what you guys mean when you say the most pain of swapping the wheel cylinder is taking the tires of, because i have 48in terra tires on mine.

DeuceBlazer

Thanks to the great prices at OD Iron i decided to order my second set of wheel cylinders today. The first ones went in easy so i figure i will be better of with new ones in the front too. Better safe than sorry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks