• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel cylinders

commandojd

This is prolly a real dum question, but I honestly dont know. Where is the wheel cylinder located on the wheel? Is the cylinder the fitting where the steel brake lines connect? Im in the process of installing new lines and I am having trouble with the rusty bolts.....I tried using a line wrench but even that strips them.
thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might help you to look at the tech manuals. TM9-2320-361-24P will have an exploded view of every part on your truck. Great for identifying and location parts.

Wheel cylinders are mounted on the brake backing plate, underneath the brake drums.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might also help to spray some PB Blaster on whatever is frozen and let it sit a while. It helped a lot when I did the brakes on my car.

Like DH said, check the manual and all will be revealed.

123mack

Not to blast the OP, as this is something I have noticed in othe threads, but when in the history of the English language did "probably" become "prolly"?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to blast the OP, as this is something I have noticed in othe threads, but when in the history of the English language did "probably" become "prolly"?
Personally, I think "dum" was worse. :roll:

But good to see another Ohio guy anyway!

turbovr6jetta

"prolly" is always the first word I add to my auto correct when I get a new phone. It was also the first word in my very own official language. It kind of parallels ebonics

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And another "cliffhanger".

Did he locate his wheel cylinders, or did he not?:-?

Katahdin

Be careful when 6-point socket wrenching on the nuts, the brass fitting might pop off as its just staked into the steel mounting bracket. I had a few fittings where I removed the bracket from the axle and stuck the fitting in a vice so I could get the leverage to remove the nuts. If you go that route just be sure not to wind up the vice too tight and deform the fitting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks