• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel ID

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before starting to modify anything, unscrew the valve stem and try one on, on a rear hub. And please take pics!

Running different brands of the same size tires generally is OK. I would definitely avoid mixing brands on the front axle, except for an emergency.

G.

tbar123

MY plan was to get whatever I could, and run the exact 2 same on the front axle, and the the four exact same on the rear 2 axles. Say Run the 4 tires/wheels I already have on the rear, and get whatever I can( goodyear,michelin,xzl,xl,etc) on the front axle. I just remeasured the wheels again,and double checked that measure,with a measure against a measure, and to confirm the measure with 2 more measures, and the bolt pattern is the same as what the truck has.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told you it was the correct pattern... The question is if the center portion of that wheel - mounted dished out- would fit well and come to rest perfectly flat against the hub flange; with no interference whatsoever (despite the valve issue).

G.

tbar123

gringel;Yes you did. I also measured the hub and everything (except the valve) seems to be a perfect match. SO when I get the other 3 that I need I will post pics So that everyone can see what I did ( mounting,conversion,whatever else comes along)

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gringel;Yes you did. I also measured the hub and everything (except the valve) seems to be a perfect match. SO when I get the other 3 that I need I will post pics So that everyone can see what I did ( mounting,conversion,whatever else comes along)
I believe he is recommending that you remove the valve stem and test mount it before you modify. Then check clearances and take pictures. Pictures will allow group input if there are follow up concern, etc. Also will allow us to see how they align, etc., for those that may follow.

tbar123

I got that, in my previous post I also mention that I would take pictures of the mounting the conversion and anything else that comes up with it(referring to test mounting removal of the air inlet drilling and tapping the opposite side).gringel;there was one other person that stated that these wheels would not fit.and I also stated that I'm a newbie and I'm trying to get the professionals help and for that I am thankful.although I am not a rocket scientist I don't believe I'm dumb enough to try to remove the air inlet with the tire still aired up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks