• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Lugs Right/Left thread

DeepSeaTadpole

How vital do you think it is to have the left thread Wheel Lug?
I have to order some lugs and was considering the option of replacing with all Right Thread Lugs. Is it necessary to have the Left Thread? Is there a reason why this is even a thing?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
How vital do you think it is to have the left thread Wheel Lug?
I have to order some lugs and was considering the option of replacing with all Right Thread Lugs. Is it necessary to have the Left Thread? Is there a reason why this is even a thing?
It is done to counter the tendency to back off on a heavy loaded truck. As it spends left it tightens it in theory. Versus it spinning left on a right hand thread. Being that this is in contact with the wheel taper the vibration would back it off. It was initially done by Chrysler.

It is required in my opinion unless it's hub pilot.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a deuce that lost a front wheel due to loose lugnuts. Someone had replaced the studs with right hand threads. Both right and left are commonly available as replacements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks