• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel offset

I searched and I am still lost.
I am trying to figure out what what wheel width and offset fits the CUCV's. When I go to tire rack or any other wheel site they do not seem to have k30 as an option, are they the same as the k20? could someone give me an idea on a decent wheel and tire combo for a 4" lift and some trimming?? I was thinking 36 or 38's I am in colorado and will be spending most of the time on the trails.
thanks in advance

AJMBLAZER

Go join www.ColoradoK5.com . The mecca for this era GM fullsize truck and modifying them. LOTS of members in your area.

Define some trimming? I've got narrow 38's on the factory rims with fender cutting and 1" of front lift. 36's should fit if you keep them narrow and don't go wide on the rims.

Stick with 16" wheels to clear your brakes and something around 4" for backspacing.

With 4" of lift you could fairly easily clear 35's and 36's with minor trimming. With lots of trimming/cutting you could fit your typical Swamper sized 38".

kennyw

do the wheels need to be hubcentric?
No, any aftermarket wheel with the 8 on 6.5 pattern is going to work.

As far as backspacing, that will depend on what size wheel/tire you plan to run. In a 15" wheel you won't be able to use much backspacing without a lot of grinding. In a 16-16.5" wheel you can run up to 4.75" backspacing (and possibly more) without any problems.

Croatan_Kid

I run Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 16x8, 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern (of course), and the backspacing is 4.25". My tires stick out almost perfectly even with my fenders. Also, I trimmed a little bit and run 39s.