• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel options for the deuce?

KsM715

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I would like to know, do the wheels from the deuce and 5 ton and up trucks interchange? how about the wheels from the MK17 trailers (21 inch), will the fit onto a deuce or 5 ton? I'm new the the MV stuff but have seen some really cool stuff done to trucks on here and since im realy close to Ft. Riley I'm hoping to get a running deuce or 5 ton truck to play with.

Or possible axle, tire and wheels to put under my new M715

MilitaryRestoration

2.5 ton and 5ton wheels do not interchange because 2.5 ton wheels are 6lug and 5ton are 10 lug. As for the trailer wheels i can't give you an answer for that sorry... hope that helps. Od Iron makes wheels for deuce I know for sure and you can also make your own by cutting the lug patterns out and welding your 'needed' lug pattern back in. All sorts or options and routes you can go with this topic ;-) Good Luck on getting a truck, you guys have plenty on that side of states so be picky hehe my 2cents

btw put deuce axles under that 715... buddies have done it a few times over here and it looks amazing!

KsM715

That was my intent (rockwells) for the M715 and some big tires, but the more I keep looking on GL and GSA the more i see and want. I saw an awsome 5ton with the 46" tire and Wow I want one. I saw some MK17's on GL and thought if they went cheap enough (dont even have any idea about shipping) I could get the tires and wheels off of one and find some use for the crane thing too.

KsM715

Thats the one I was talking about. That is an impressive truck you have there. Are those 46" or 52"? I just remember reading the thread about 46"'s on a 5ton.

KsM715

So do you know if the wheels from the MK17 would fit your trucks axles? a side note, are there any trucks with sleepers or crew cabs on them or has anyone home built a sleeper or tried to fit a s250 type shelter onto the back of a 5ton tractor?

MilitaryRestoration

They should...dont see why they wouldn't but i'm not positive on that so dont take my word... And i've never seen any with sleepers or anyone putting a s250 shelter on the back of one, however that is a good idea especially since i just bought one ;-) I've seen a lot of home made campers out of 5ton though. And the tires on my truck are 52's

bboomer- what are you going to do with it?

KsM715

Boomer, If you dont mind me asking, where did you get it and what did it cost for trucking? Are we talking hundreds of $$ Or thousands of $$$$? Ive never bought anyhting farther than I could drive to get or bigger than I could haul myself.

It cost an even grand to truck from Barstow to Sedona Az. I can't imagine trying to pull it home 350 + miles! I think its about 27500 lbs. or so. Getting it off that flat bed took 2hrs. and 2 large pieces of equipment ( 950 cat loader and a 410g JD ) and lots of engineering and luck!! Once it was on the ground it did get alittle easier. It has been Oshkosh rebuilt in 09 of 04 and it is pristine! not a scratch, dent or rust spot on it. Haven said all that it won't pass the #1 inspector's (the wife) approve and I'm sorry to say I think it has to go :cry: Any interest part or all let me know. Here some more pics, I only wish I had some shots of the removal!!

Attachments

Yes every picture tells a story don't it! Where the hell are the rest of the bunnies? I could back the wifes bags then. rofl Or do as my kids want and make a tree fort out of it!!

KsM715

A grand to truck from Cal. to AZ. well I guess unless the army has some at ft riley to get rid of I wont be getting one any time soon even if I won it for 50 bucks. I need to stop dreaming about big tires and wheels until I actuall get a truck.( other than the M715). Westech, whats it like at the gl yard on post, do they have problems with parts growing legs while waiting for EUC's to process? Is the personnel freindly? I'm gonna try to make an appointment this weekto go look for the first time. I'm on the other side of Ft.riley from you, over in Manhattan.