• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel question

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can reuse..I have. If you can get the rims a parts and not disturb the oring that's even better.
i will put RTV in one or both channels, then let it dry after assy for 24hrs before I air up.
but reusing is not 100% guarenteed to seal....but neither is new if done wrong.

Special T

The ability to reuse an o ring has a lot to do with how well its put together. If the o ring is still pretty much round I say go for it. A lot of times they wont get bolted down right and part will squirt out of the channel screwing up the o ring. It tends to mashed flat making it un usable. Some times a thin layer of silicone or rtv in the channel the fitting the o ring above it to cure will help fill voids. You should tighten a combat wheel just like the lug nuts 12-6-9-3 o clock but dont run them down tight. You need a fairly even compression of the o ring.

papakb

O rings cost about $4 or less, are you willing to risk your vehicle for $4? I've reused O rings in the past when I had to but for cost it doesn't make sense not to install new ones when doing wheel work.

Kurt

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
O rings cost about $4 or less, are you willing to risk your vehicle for $4? I've reused O rings in the past when I had to but for cost it doesn't make sense not to install new ones when doing wheel work.

Kurt

Or, having to break down the tire and rim again. If out in the sticks, I may try re-using, if working in the driveway, use new.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks