• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel spindle lock washers - am I missing something?

kenn

I got the bendable tab locking washers from two different dealers and they act/look exactly the same. In both cases, they don't fit. The tabs facing inward are too short to go over the nut. I'll reach out to Mike and see what he says. The other one was from Real Custom Trucks and they are straight up worthless. (Side note RCT basically stole my money. Never shipped parts, charged me, and marked my order shipped and haven't returned numerous calls or emails) That said, see the pix below. If you look at one you can see the flange at the bottom is much shorter and with it sitting over the nut, you can see there's no way to get it on as it's at least 2 or 3 mm shy of fitting over the axle and still fitting over the nut.

Attachments

Last edited:

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a similar experience with the aftermarket version being cheap Chinese junk that wouldn't fit. I searched the part number on ebay and found a guy that was selling NOS parts and they worked fine. They cost more but they fit. Not sure if there are still any of those available, I bought mine several years ago.

kenn

I guess in a pinch I could break off those tabs and bend two of the uppers forward and two other uppers backward and still use them but I'd prefer a proper fit. I'll get the part number from the 34P and see what I can find. Thanks!

*** Edit *** part number from 34P is 5310-00-752-1650 10896695

The proper technical term according to the 34P is "Washer, Key : Bearing"

Last edited:

DaneGer21

I wish we could get RCT shut down; so many reviews of the same issues. Starting to think they actually don’t have ANY parts but say they do. You place an order and then they go place an order for them elsewhere. The parts get shipped to them and then to you. Hence it takes so long.

I will never order from them again

rustystud

I wish we could get RCT shut down; so many reviews of the same issues. Starting to think they actually don’t have ANY parts but say they do. You place an order and then they go place an order for them elsewhere. The parts get shipped to them and then to you. Hence it takes so long.

I will never order from them again
Who is this "RCT" your talking about ? I don't think I ever heard of them.
This site needs a "Do Not Buy From" forum. That way bad companies like this cannot rip off our membership.

bprzyw

I got the bendable tab locking washers from two different dealers and they act/look exactly the same. In both cases, they don't fit. The tabs facing inward are too short to go over the nut. I'll reach out to Mike and see what he says. The other one was from Real Custom Trucks and they are straight up worthless. (Side note RCT basically stole my money. Never shipped parts, charged me, and marked my order shipped and haven't returned numerous calls or emails) That said, see the pix below. If you look at one you can see the flange at the bottom is much shorter and with it sitting over the nut, you can see there's no way to get it on as it's at least 2 or 3 mm shy of fitting over the axle and still fitting over the nut.
I ordered parts from RCT July 13th and have not heard a peep from them, e-mails, calls, no response.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has no one made drawings of these to be machined, even @gringeltaube ? .................
Reason is, good NOS lock washers have been available for all these years, so no need to tool-up for replicas...
That may have changed lately, since I see a lot of junk parts being offered on eBay.

If enough interest I'd have no problem making a drawing with exact dims and post it here.

Edit to add: Just found one possible source for NOS washers, here... (can't make them for that price...)

Last edited:

DaneGer21

Who is this "RCT" your talking about ? I don't think I ever heard of them.
This site needs a "Do Not Buy From" forum. That way bad companies like this cannot rip off our membership.
“Real Custom Trucks”

I ordered from them because they are in Ohio like me; thinking it would be fast. But like everyone else, multiple emails, multiple calls and nothing. Weeks and weeks later parts randomly show up…never again

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edit to add: Just found one possible source for NOS washers, here... (can't make them for that price...)
Looks like that is who I bought mine from, so he must have had a bunch of them! I bought a handful, not just 1 package of 2, and he combined the shipping.

As far as RCT is concerned, I dealt with them about a decade ago to get a remote brake fluid reservoir for my deuce. They were the cheapest price and it did get to me quickly. It seems like that changed sometime between then and now. It's sad to see a supplier lose their way like that, but it happens.

kenn

Reason is, good NOS lock washers have been available for all these years, so no need to tool-up for replicas...
That may have changed lately, since I see a lot of junk parts being offered on eBay.

If enough interest I'd have no problem making a drawing with exact dims and post it here.

Ha! I ordered 12 from that very vendor so I'd have them for the future. For the time being, I reused an old one on the left as it had two good tabs left. On the passenger side I tried to bend those retaining tabs down so I could get it on and they both snapped off. I put the wheel on for the time being and bent two of the upper tabs toward the pumpkin and two toward the outside so the nuts are "locked" but I'm not sure if I like it or not. I need to test drive my handiwork on brakes, hubs, etc. and this is now the only thing holding me up.

kenn

I just got 6 spindle lock washers from the above ebay link. They are most definitely new old stock. Wrapped in sealed bags with brown paper and stamped with the NSN listed in the 34P. The flanges are longer so I assume they will be good to go. If you are planning on doing any brake, bearing, or other "hub-off" work, I'd certainly advise you to get a full set so you have them when needed while they are still available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks