• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheels for my MEP-803a

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheels (casters) for my MEP-803a

Took a ride to a local scrap yard this morning and found these two gems!

image.jpg

Welded frames with industrial casters. All for the wallet breaking price of $2.50 for both pieces. I couldn't buy the welding rods to fabricate these two pieces, let alone the steel, the wheels and the time.

The place sells steel scrap for a nickel a pound and I go there regularly to check out what comes in.

These will come in very handy to move the set around in the shop area.

Last edited:

Demoh

Anything with wheels like that are gold to me, thats a great find.

Let me know how those work out, I ended up going above and beyond for my casters. Im completely happy that I can run over 1 inch ledges in concrete and over asphalt with ease without fear of damage, but at the price for the components I think that having a lesser set around would be beneficial. Like around the shop where its nothing but concrete where I dont need an overbuilt set of wheels.

The set I built was using 6inch casters and I did it this way for deliveries when I have to move a generator through a yard, just lay a few sheets of plywood down and these casters dont have a problem.

IMG_9863.jpg

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything with wheels like that are gold to me, thats a great find.

Let me know how those work out, I ended up going above and beyond for my casters. Im completely happy that I can run over 1 inch ledges in concrete and over asphalt with ease without fear of damage, but at the price for the components I think that having a lesser set around would be beneficial. Like around the shop where its nothing but concrete where I dont need an overbuilt set of wheels.

The set I built was using 6inch casters and I did it this way for deliveries when I have to move a generator through a yard, just lay a few sheets of plywood down and these casters dont have a problem.

View attachment 717831
Thanks on the great find, I thought so too!! This place gets in some real heavy duty stuff with wheels(like wheels that take multiple tonnage). I just happened upon these on a pallet along with some other junk and couldn't pass the up for a nickel a pound.

These will work great as my shop floor is very smooth, well worked concrete(10 inch thick pour). I've got all my tool chests and other items on wheels so they can be moved around easily. These will fit perfectly under the 803a so it can be wheeled around with ease.

If it has to go outside, it will go on a dolly with pneumatic tires or on the forks of the tractor.

csheath

I wish our metal recyclers would still sell to the public. Sadly neither of them do. Most likely some jackleg got himself hurt while perusing the stock and sued them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks