• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheelspinner's M1078

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_3481.jpgEasy fix! Flip up the cab and look behind the driver side cab step and there are three air check valves inline. It's probably the top one with the sensor, there is probably a hole in the diaphragm. Usually need to replace all three. The complete valve is a haldex KN25060. They also make a rebuild kit for it as well. Usually any big truck dealer can get them or at Truck Pro. There is also a one way check valve behind the front bumper, follow the air line from the glad hand and you will see it on the left side behind the bumper. It takes a large wrench but you can take it off and take it apart and is usually rusty and needs to be cleaned out. Good luck!! Feel free to shoot a pm if you need more help!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 662784Easy fix! Flip up the cab and look behind the driver side cab step and there are three air check valves inline. It's probably the top one with the sensor, there is probably a hole in the diaphragm. Usually need to replace all three. The complete valve is a haldex KN25060. They also make a rebuild kit for it as well. Usually any big truck dealer can get them or at Truck Pro. There is also a one way check valve behind the front bumper, follow the air line from the glad hand and you will see it on the left side behind the bumper. It takes a large wrench but you can take it off and take it apart and is usually rusty and needs to be cleaned out. Good luck!! Feel free to shoot a pm if you need more help!
Thanks. I'll give it a check.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I replaced all three check-valves, not hard and it solved the air dumping out the front glad hands. Still got a leak in the rear system somewhere but I think its the treadle valve or the tractor protection valve. That's for another day.

Got three new (used) tires on to replace the junk that was on there. And bonus, found a bad CTIS hose that was preventing the CTIS from working. Aired up the tire that was low and all is well now. All in all, a pretty good day.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a real productive day! You accomplished more than I did. I painted the fading wiper arms and took it for a spin to top off the diesel tank.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The tractor valve uses the same style diaphragms that the other checks do. If it's venting out the tractor valve when the brake pedal is pressed then the tractor valve needs new diaphragms. You don't have to rebuild the whole thing.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a real productive day! You accomplished more than I did. I painted the fading wiper arms and took it for a spin to top off the diesel tank.
I just realized I made it sound like a single day. I did the check valves last week, and the tires yesterday with the help of my two sons. That was a decent bit of work. But my new Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2 impact was amazing for the task. 30 lug nuts off easy and back in ready for the torque wrench and only used half of the first battery.

The tractor valve uses the same style diaphragms that the other checks do. If it's venting out the tractor valve when the brake pedal is pressed then the tractor valve needs new diaphragms. You don't have to rebuild the whole thing.
Will that's great to know. Do you happen to have a source for the diaphragm?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just realized I made it sound like a single day. I did the check valves last week, and the tires yesterday with the help of my two sons. That was a decent bit of work. But my new Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2 impact was amazing for the task. 30 lug nuts off easy and back in ready for the torque wrench and only used half of the first battery.

Will that's great to know. Do you happen to have a source for the diaphragm?
I still have that kit that I was telling you about. It has the diaphragm in it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are 3 diaphragms in the tractor valve. The rebuild kit had a bunch of stuff with them but it's usually just one of the 3 diaphragms that's bad. I will find the haldex kit number when I get to work tommorrow. I think it's posted in a thread somewhere though.

I too have a few of the issues you have had, going to replace all 4 valves on my truck, what is the treadle valve you speak of, and where is it located? Part number and source would be super helpful :)

Thanks
Seth

Thanks, I do have the kit now and hope to get to this next weekend. Going to replace the treadle valve too and just renew all of the possibilities.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got 3 of the haldex KN25060 valves off eBay for $26 each compared to the going price of $43. I'm not having any problems yet but figure it's something good to have in the toolbox so when I'm in the middle of no where and one goes out I'll have a spare or two or three.

ha, I had a offer in on them, they had 4 yesterday, you got my 3 , LOL, I should not have waited to buy them, congrats :)

Seth

I just got 3 of the haldex KN25060 valves off eBay for $26 each compared to the going price of $43. I'm not having any problems yet but figure it's something good to have in the toolbox so when I'm in the middle of no where and one goes out I'll have a spare or two or three.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks