• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When the spare goes too...

Fleg

That sound non-typical and unfortunate. Do you remember what brand the bag was? What condition was the bag in? You sure it was not leaking? I ask because I have seen them work in person and there are dozens and dozens of youtube videos of people successfully using them.

Well, I'm not going to bore you with a bunch of Youtube videos. If you watch it on Youtube then it must be true!

The bag was new, in box, Not leaking, and not lifting. They are worthless and a gimmick.

Mohawk Dave

Hey guys,

As some of you know, we race desert and then do many trails in our 4x4s. We carry rawhides for punctures, I carry the large bottle of slime in my tool box, and then of course starting fluid. I did not see any one mention the starting fluid yet, but when a bead comes off, we spray a couple seconds in it then add flame. We put 37s on rims regularly like that. (And no, there is not enough combustion to blow the tire or blow it off the bead)

On board air is listed by all the other guys before my post. So, really which one do you like and want to carry? But to bead, we use starting fluid.

Best wishes,

Dave

edpdx

Thanks Mohawk Dave, this is just the reason why all questions should be tolerated even if asked before. Starting Fluid? :shock: you won't find this fix in the TM9.

Fleg

I've never had a problem seating a bead with a York powered system. Haven't got to try it yet using the electric compressor but I'm guessing it's going to be a little harder.

toddm

I run singles on my M35 and I carry the standard mounted spare tire and two others in the bed.Just in case and I built a small lift to hep loading and unloading those heavy suckers out of the bed.

Attachments

edpdx

toddm, nice lift, yeah that has got to be a big help lifting those muthas into the bed. Good Call.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks