• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whenever I come to a complete stop I feel a CLUNK.

edpdx

Feels like it's under and towards the rear end, but I can't be sure.

Anyways, I am not sure what to look for, it was happening before the U-joint at the rear axle failed and was replaced.

What could this be?

Drock

Could also be the rear brake shoes. If a pad has delaminated from the shoe or if the shoe spacer bar is missing or dislodged.

pebble41

You might want to check your rear leaf spring bushings. I had a slightly delayed clunk on stops when the rear spring bushings in my '88 Toyota needed changing.

MtnSnow

A clunk can occur upon stopping and starting due to "axle wrap" thus causing the drive shaft to momentarily bind in the slip joint. Usually the fix is checking and fixing problems with suspension bushings, replacing worn leaf-springs etc.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get under the truck and check the drive shafts for play in the u-joints and slip-joints if equipped. Push and pull on each end of the drive shafts to check for play in the pinion and transfer case. Anything that has slop in it will make some kind of noise in operation. Also check the exhaust system. I had a loose clamp and it would "clunk" starting and stopping.