• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where Are All The 5 Ton Dump Trucks Going?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are going to owners who want to dump stuff :) Sorry could not resist. I saw 2 on a construction site the other day in Atlanta

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dumps tend to bring good money. There are dealers trying to peddle them, but there are not a lot of people who want to pay the premium that GL brings (plus 10% bidders fee and tax) PLUS the dealer's profit margin. Go check any of the dealers; there is a reason they don't move many at $17-20K for a truck that came right out of GL.

USMC4302

Last two posts sum it up exactly for me -- Bought my 817 direct from GL last year and have been working the heck out of it since.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They are being drawn out of DRMO by municipalities before they get to GL. Several county agencies in my area have them sitting in storage lots waiting for the time period to elapse before they can sell them. Check out http://www.govdeals.com/. This is where a lot of them will end up. It is a cash cow for these agencies. I know of at least six in my area that will go on the block next year. They also have wreckers, construction equipment and other military gear. One town has three M915's with the add on armor (not the full up armored cabs) and the manager told me they can sell them since they got them with no restrictions. Go figure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks