• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where are the Circuit Breaker's in the M35A3?

Freight Dog

Hi All,
I thought I would send this note to give you an update on the location of the M35A3 Circuit Breaker’s.
Your suggestions have been extremely valuable! I have tried to attach pictures.
I am not certain I have found ALL CB’s, but I think I have found what I need for now.
One is on the fire wall, driver’s side of the engine compartment. It could be controlling the alternator. (I’m not sure about functions yet, just locations.)
Angus correctly led me to the inside of the cab. Under the dash… to the right side of the steering column, I found two Circuit Breakers. I have not checked them yet.
Question: Would you put an Ohm meter on each post and check continuity???
When I replace them, I am hoping to restore power to the CTIS Controller and maybe the few remaining items that don’t work.

Removing the alternator was not very difficult. I needed a new belt to drive it so the first thing you have to do is disconnect the air line that drives the radiator fan. (See Picture)
The belt tensioner must be relaxed using a ½ “ drive Breaker bar. The belt come off easily. (See Picture)

Take the Ground wire off the rear battery and then you can take the small cover off the leads attached to the alternator without getting shocked.

Then remove the three bolts that attach the alternator to the bracket and lift it out.
I tried to take a picture of the new bracket. The old one is most likely cracked!

As long as I was taking pictures in the area, I took a shot of the lower radiator hose.
My old one was cracked where it bends and leaking very badly. I had difficulty finding a new one.
Eastern has one, Part Number MA3-605 for $65.00
I found one at NAPA that isn’t an exact fit but it works very well. Price: $19.00

NAPA Part # 8251

I attached a picture.

While snapping away this morning I couldn’t resist sending a couple of shots of my truck. I put my troop seats on the back of the truck last night. I have to get it ready for the 20Aug event at the disabled vets campground near my home.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good boarding ladder?

I painted my truck a couple of years ago with Rust-Oleum, Camo, rattle cans, from Menards. When I get a little surface rust on something, I sand it of, shoot it with primer and Black,Green or Brown, as required.

I had my interior seats covered a couple of months ago with a brown naugahyde.
My canvas covers were brittle and ripped.

I hope these notes my be of some value to someone out there.
You guys that responded to my question were a tremendous help to me.

With appreciation,
Freight Dog

Attachments

Freight Dog

On my previous post the, "Attached Thumbnails" can be enlarged if you, "Right-Click" them and then, "Left-Click" the, "Open Link In New Window".

A note about the New Prestolite alternator: My old Leece-Neville alternator had a fan mounted behind the belt drive pulley. As you can see, the new Prestolite alternator has openings in the middle of it's case. There is an internal fan drawing air into it to disipate heat. Don't try to make the old fan fit on the new alternator ( like I did)...you don't need it.

To adjust the alternator output, there is a small pipe cap that must be removed with an allen wrench. That will give you access to a small, slot head screw. Turn it Counter- Clockwise to increase output. (Quarter turns have large affect)