• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where are you now?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dieselsmoke said:
I fired one of my employees Thursday for being on the internet. He couldn't understand why :roll: I don't pay people to use my internet service, my computers and my time to browse the internet. "but...but...we're just about to have a baby" Not my problem, happy job hunting...

As for Karma I would think I'd be more worried about somebody wigging out after being fired and coming back at me. (I fired my fair share but not from something like Internet usage.)

My jobs for the last 15 years all revolve around the Internet so I'm on all day long at work and leave at least three systems on at home night and day.

I'm lucky enough to work at a place that has a very liberal policy when it comes to using the Internet on the job.

littlebob

OD_Coyote said:
WillWagner said:
Mostly home, but sometimes I lurk at work..don't wanna log in there, big brother is watching! :roll: You'd think I work at NASA or something what with all the electronic monitoring going on.
:ditto: What Will said.
Me too! I usually come here after I come in form the garage and tired.
littlebob

powerhouseduece

well for me its eather play around on here or walk around. we do put alot of time in our plant to keep it running in top shape so the other shifts can relax! if i ever get board i just walk out to the boiler or to the air compressors and watch them work!(thats boring, watching water boil :roll: )

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dieselsmoke said:
I fired one of my employees Thursday for being on the internet. He couldn't understand why :roll: I don't pay people to use my internet service, my computers and my time to browse the internet. "but...but...we're just about to have a baby" Not my problem, happy job hunting...
Interesting. Must have been a poor performer to begin with.

Just curious, did you have a policy on the use of the internet that your employees are made aware of before they get fired? Do you maintain any documentation concerning what your rules are?

With public information laws what they are, a wise "ex" employee could do a little investigation and turn things around.

Do things your way, but with violence in the workplace and workplace rage, firings can become eventful. I've seen it.

To answer the post question; Whenever and wherever I have down-time. Including work.

BobM

I am on at home usually. Sometimes,like when i am checking on my EUC status, I will also stop by here while at work. But I use my break times. I guess that proves that I'm still L 7! :lol:

5tonpuller

5 days a week I go out and raise hell at work. ( the boss loves me ) When my work is done I surf, do home work, and read. O yes I tell him to go some place when he starts crap. When he acts like a human I do what he asks. He got his job because of DADDY'S influence. He don't know JACK.
When I get my chores done I am on this thing.

Dieselsmoke

oifvet said:
Dieselsmoke said:
Interesting. Must have been a poor performer to begin with.

Just curious, did you have a policy on the use of the internet that your employees are made aware of before they get fired? Do you maintain any documentation concerning what your rules are?

With public information laws what they are, a wise "ex" employee could do a little investigation and turn things around.

Do things your way, but with violence in the workplace and workplace rage, firings can become eventful. I've seen it.

To answer the post question; Whenever and wherever I have down-time. Including work.
He 'was' a mechanic. Had no business being in the front of the shop at all. Had no reason to access the computers at all except for the dyno computer.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what gets folks canned.

Rule #1 - Stay in your lane! Keep your eyes on your own paper!

He'll learn.

Well, break's over. Got to get back to what i'm supposed to be doing. It's Sunday, and that's double-time.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the time at my job I'm out in the field working so no time for internet. Only chance I get is at home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks