• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where best to tap Instrument Lighting Circuit?

chief1983

So, I'm sure I can find a place if I wanted to splice into wiring, but is there any place to easily tap the instrument lighting supply without taking the dash apart? Installing some gauges, and I currently have them wired to the ignition-controlled 12V source. Just means my lights are on when the truck is, not the end of the world but would be nicer to control them with the rest of the lights. So any of you guys that have lit your gauges up have a trick to where you did it?

TVOLLMER

Another place I have used is the blackout switch. I turn the blackout switch off everytime I get out of the truck, I have a hard time remembering to turn the head lights off with no dummie dinger. So I kill everything with the blackout switch.

bshupe

How do you remember to kill the B/O switch when you cant remember to kill the headlight switch? Not trying to be a smart *** just wondering.

ssdvc

When I turn the ignition off in my 1009, all my lights go out too. Is this normal or do I have something in the wrong position? I like it the way it is so I don't have dead batteries.