• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do these items go?

dstang97

I am wondering why these items are almost always missing from CUCV's?????

1) Shackles
2) Jack and Handle
3) spare tire

KsM715

:ditto: By either people doing previews, or soldiers that have to sign for those items and need to get them replaced.

Chief_919

Usually when we turn in vehicles anything that isn't required to go with it gets taken off and tossed in the spare stuff bin. Then when Joe loses it from his truck we have spares on hand to cover it.

DokWatson

Usually when we turn in vehicles anything that isn't required to go with it gets taken off and tossed in the spare stuff bin. Then when Joe loses it from his truck we have spares on hand to cover it.
Yep, thats how it usually works no matter where you are lol. I used to pack parachutes, we had a nice collection of air items people forgot to take off of their harnesses.

That and I doubt that stuff is even supposed to be in the vehicle when it goes to DRMO. People that find them in the CUCV's are lucky, because those items are signed for, which means they either let them go and didn't do a BII on purpose or just plain forgot they are signed for and didn't remove them.

Stonepicker1

Remember, these trucks have been sitting for a long time and a lot of different hands have touched these trucks.

1. Shackles: Recovery vehicle will remove the shackles when they hook-up the towbar(putting the shackles in the back of the wrecker most of the time) sometime they will put the shakles inside the CUCV, but won't take the time to remount them after they get to DRMO or after a recovery. I have seen many shackles go to the scrap metal bin after the wreckers BII inventory were done.
I had a pair removed by someone outside my hotel room one night on one of my MV trips.(I made it easy for them by using 1 inch towbar pin)
Look on ebay and you will see what they are selling for. When someone picks up their win at GL and the next truck has shackles just laying inside the truck loose, they see an easy way to make some $$$. I also know that some GL yard guys can't be trusted(making $$$ on the side).

2: Jack/Lug wrench/Jack handle: These 85% of the time go into the scrap metal bid at the unit(coffee fund back in the day) or were lost a long time ago and just not replaced. The rest, well someone needed it more then the truck did..lol.

3. Spare tire: When trucks had a flat tire, the spare went on the truck and the flat went to scrap pile for turn-in. A few were stolen during transport or storage at DRMO also

My 2cents

axlr8

overkill375, my cousin just purchased a m1009 and all three of these items are missin....and also the id plae that goes behind grill if someone has it... whats your price? pm me please

steved454

Guess I was lucky my M1028 had all three. Took my spare off yesterday and it is brand new, still has all the rubber lugs on it and great tread. BTW anyone need the tire? I put Humvee tires on mine and it is just setting around, Its free if anyone wants the tire( wheel not included)