• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where Do These Wires Go/What are They For??

jplace1011

I was looking at the wiring (near the Fuel Filter) for my CUCV M1009 and I noticed this a Big Plug. I can see one end comes out of the insulated tubing and goes to the Plug and the other end goes into to the cab (circled near the resistor on the firewall). Where do the wires end up? What are they used for?

I noticed the prongs and places they go into are filthy. I plan on cleaning them. The side that the prongs go into has a spot that looks broken/missing. Maybe done deliberately.

I also noticed one of the wires is severed and covered in electrical tape on the outside of the plug.

Any ideas about any of this? Should this be a concern?

The prior owner sure did a lot of hack jobs, I’m still fixing them!

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that plug is from the diagnostic circuit.

The last diagram, plug on the left.

jplace1011

I think that plug is from the diagnostic circuit.

The last diagram, plug on the left.
Ahh ha!! Thank you! Nothing to worry about. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks