• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do these wires go ?

misupratwin

Hi, I need some help identifying a couple of wires, They have a weird end on them. The two wires have what looks like a threaded nut on the end. I don't have a original ignition switch (maybe thats where they went).

There is one other place I can see that they might go,That is the terminal on one of the circuit breakers. If anyone could help me it would a big help, Even better would be a few pictures,

I know I have some issue with the wires insulation, I plan on repairing them. Thank you , Tim

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may need to unwrap that tape and see if they still have the wire numbers on them.

Or simply follow them.

CGarbee

If I'm looking at the right pair of wires that you are asking about, it looks like you have the later wiring harness connectors (the ones with the rubber ends in lieu of the metal boots) that actually have the boots from the guage that they plugged into still attached (in other words, the boots broke off the newer style guage when the harness was unplugged...).

You can see the boots on the guage in Tuko's post, try taking them off the ends of the wires on your harness so that you can plug them in and then look for the guage that is missing the "boots"...

Good luck.

PS: There are a couple places online that have a listing of all NATO circuit numbers that will solve you problems IF you still have the correct tags on the wires... (as Doghead mentioned)
If you don't have it, the circuit number list can be found at:
http://olive-drab.com/od_mseries_circuits.php

Good luck

misupratwin

Tuko, thank you, My fuel , ammeter gauge uses a Douglas connector,but someone has replaced the oil and temp gauges with mechanical gauges so they may have went there, I did find a nut and washer under the boots.

Doghead, thank you also ,but no luck on the tags or for any real wire left under there, I had already looked for them. The picture was before I cut the tape off. Those two wires have been cut and spliced and run to the ignition switch, and the wires go into the harness about 6 inches away.

CGarbee, thank you too, It looks like I have a mix of parts,I have mostly Douglas connectors on my truck. I have the number chart from the deuce forum, If it the same I'm good. Now that I have a idea where those wires might have went I will have somewhere to start with the dvom.