• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do you find 12v on a CUCV ? ?

ssgtwright-usmc

Their was a post within the past 2 weeks asking the same thing about where to plug into 12volts so that they could add a radio or cb.
Forgot the name of the post but someone posted a picture of the fuse block showing where the 12volt plug in was and where the 24volt plug in was on the fuse block.
Find that post you will get your answer.
But it was within the past two weeks when it was posted.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If installing a two-way radio, other than a CB, it should be connected directly to the (front) battery via a circuit breaker or fuse. Two-way radios typically draw too much amperage to be connected to the fuse block.

dependable

12v is fed to a junction block near glow control on driver's side upper fire wall. The stock feed wire comes off the 2nd battery, negetive terminal, still 12v. suggest getting a volt meter so you can explore other possibilities for your application.

ida34

Do not connect to the rear battery unless you connect the negative directly to the same rear battery. The front battery runs all the regular 12 volt stuff. The rear battery along with the front battery supply 24 volts together. The only time the rear battery has a draw is during starting and when a 24 volt accessory (radio) is connected. The glow plug system and starter draw 24 volts. If the slave cable connector is used it will draw 24 volts and the terminal strip on the firewall near the rear battery on the pass side will also supply 24 volts. I almost forgot, the stock battery gauge also draws 24 volts. Attach the radio to the front battery.

AJMBLAZER

You can get 12v off of the junction block on the driver's side of the firewall near the gp relay and the master cylinder. That's where I'm getting the 12v supply for my radio.