• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do you source your parts?

harleyrkc

Using a quality oil and good filters is the cheapest maintenence you can do. I would not skimp on that!
You'll get no argument from me there. Thats why I wanted to know what parts everyone else is having good results with and where there getting them. I don't mind paying for a quality product but I expect results when I do. I work commercial / industrial HVAC so trust me when I say I know what happens when buying the cheapest thing you can find. I see customers do it all the time. When it comes to my own equipment I like to practice what I preach.....

I like to pack 3 pounds of poop in a 10 lb. bag instead of the other way around.

Doing things the right way is far better then dong them twice.... or worse!

And I've wondered for years why no one has the money to do things right the first time but they all have money to do it twice.

badgmc56

I use Shell Rotella 15 40 and Napa spin on oil filters. I also put 1 gallon of Lucus oil stabilizer in the crank case. Napa filters are used all over the world and log millions of miles in many heavy duty applications with no issues. I have used them for years in my fleet and we have almost no oil related failers.

harleyrkc

Brakes are working and I've discovered a new method of bleeding them. I don't yet have my power bleeder made but I was able to adapt a solid column of DOT 5 to the top of the MC and follow the new civilian bleeding procedure.

1) Place 15 yr. girl whose never driven a vehicle in drivers seat.
2) Give specific instructions to follow instructions as they come.
3) Crawl under truck and locate bleeder.
4) Loosen bleeder while instructing 15 yr. old girl on pressing pedal without releasing it.
5) Listen to 15 yr. old scream OMG (oh my god), OMG, OMG, OMG, I don't know how to drive, OMG, OMG, its moving, its moving, OMG, OMG, what do I do, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG.:cookoo:
6) Try not to bang head while laughing hysterically.rofl

Note: Truck was off and parking brake was set for this procedure.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dot 5 at advance auto is 9 bucks a bottle. Same bottle at NAPA was 35 bucks. I found the dot 5 at all the local parts stores. Oreilly, advance and autozone all carry the same brand and at the same cost, just not very much of it. BTW I changed my master cylinder and bled the brakes for about $50 (5 bottles).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks