• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where does this fuel line go?

Gunfreak25

There's a large steel fuel line that comes off the fuel pump, under the intake and stops at the rear of the left valve cover. It has the red plug in it to keep junk out during shipping. I don't know what this line hooks up to? Does it hook into rubber line coming off the injector pump inlet? Is there supposed to be an inline filter between the two?

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That line is feeding the fuel filter, which on the HMMWV is mounted on the driver's side firewall.

TedG

Yes on what NDT said. See picture of a test run setup.

If that is your engine, please shorten the injector overflow lines or they will be snagged.

Attachments

Gunfreak25

Okay, so the filter is after the lift pump. Thank you! It is motor, thanks for the tip on the return lines. I'll put shorter ones on.

Picture 1- What is this bracket for?
Picture 2-I think I am missing my throttle return spring?
Picture 3-I believe this is for the transmission shifter modulator?

Attachments

ALA2

I think # 3 is oil sending unit shift mod is on trans , there is also a shift mod by
the i p it will have vac lines on it it adjusts shift r p m s pass side of pump

Gunfreak25

Picture #3 is showing the bracket/linkage bolted to the intake valley. I THINK this is what pulled on the cable that shifted the 3l80's in the HMMWV's. I have a Th400 going on the motor, so I was hoping a mechanical modulator from a HMMWV will fit onto my Th400.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you are missing the return spring. 3L80e's are all electronic. No vacuum pump on the HMMWV engine to control the TH400's vacuum modulator. You can: Install a vacuum pump and valve from a CUCV or install a cable operated modulator from a earlier HMMWV that had the TH400.

How did your engine get painted all shiny like that. That is very suspicious.

Last edited:

Gunfreak25

Thanks, NDT. I am going to pickup a mechanical modulator cable to shift the Th400, just like the HMMWV's. It's already setup for it and it will be cheaper/simpler than going with a vacuum setup like the CUCV's.

The man I got the motor from actually owns the business that contracted with the Military to do the 6.2 to 6.5 swap in HMMWV's. He has over 5000 6.2's, most of them HMMWV pull outs. Some are core motors in need of rebuilding, but most were in fine running condition before being yanked out. Him and I had a special deal on this transaction, he really went out of his way to help me get a good engine. Great, great guy. They did a terrific job painting everything, not a speck of oil anywhere on it. They even took the intake off to get every nook and cranny painted. He included a set of NIB HMMWV glow plugs, oil filter and an alternator bracket. He also sent a 10 blade fan with it but I am going electric. On Monday he is shipping out my HMMWV manifolds and the crank pulley, along with a new lift pump that got crushed during shipping. It has a Nov 2004 rebuild tag on it, .030 overbore and .10 on the rods/crank. He said when they pulled it in 2009 it was a good runner.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks