• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where have all the Flowers Gone?

jlepthie

This is my first posting ,please bare with me. I have followed the GL sales for many months. I am involved in equipment purchasing and sales. For all of the 1000's of 6x6s that have been sold, I have not see an increase in the secondary market. Certainly hobbiests cannot be purchasing the vast quanities of M-35s, M-800s, and M-900s. I questioned GL about this, but they said they could not release purchasing information. Are many of these trucks being exported? Are surplus dealers buying stocks to be sold at a large profit in coming years? Thanks! JTL :cool:

NEIOWA

Who cares. You want one, or a hundred, cash on the barrell and away you go. You hand to whine about a capitalist making a profit get on over to obama.marx

Chief_919

This is my first posting ,please bare with me. I have followed the GL sales for many months. I am involved in equipment purchasing and sales. For all of the 1000's of 6x6s that have been sold, I have not see an increase in the secondary market. Certainly hobbiests cannot be purchasing the vast quanities of M-35s, M-800s, and M-900s. I questioned GL about this, but they said they could not release purchasing information. Are many of these trucks being exported? Are surplus dealers buying stocks to be sold at a large profit in coming years? Thanks! JTL :cool:
Hobbyists are a small minority of GL buyers. Most buyers are dealers who buy to resell to other users like construction companies, loggers, and even other nations. And some buy to part them out.

A

A/C Cages

Hey now, that's a stereotype. Not all of us spooks flew around in Black helicopters. Our 3 were Grey with a Red stripe on it.

trukhead

The American tax payer gives our military a $1.50's worth of value for a $1.00's cost of equipment, which I believe we should-nothing but the best-(thankyou for your service).

However, the booger on my chin, the gack in my craw, the itch in my crack, the stub on my toe- the f%&#%*n BEER"S BEEN SITTIN IN THE SUN..... is we sell most of this equipment for 5-10 cents on the dollar to foreign countries.

I don't mind things like nice rebuilt M920's for example, going to Americans for use by Americans on American soil but rebuilding it and sending who knows where really GRINDS MY GEARS! Sell the foreigners unrebuilt junk or let them make their own crap!

BAA Haumbug!!

:jumpin:

midcounty

The American tax payer gives our military a $1.50's worth of value for a $1.00's cost of equipment, which I believe we should-nothing but the best-(thankyou for your service).

However, the booger on my chin, the gack in my craw, the itch in my crack, the stub on my toe- the f%&#%*n BEER"S BEEN SITTIN IN THE SUN..... is we sell most of this equipment for 5-10 cents on the dollar to foreign countries.

I don't mind things like nice rebuilt M920's for example, going to Americans for use by Americans on American soil but rebuilding it and sending who knows where really GRINDS MY GEARS! Sell the foreigners unrebuilt junk or let them make their own crap!

BAA Haumbug!!

:jumpin:
From what I have seen a bunch of these trucks seem to get rebuilt and sold for pretty heavy price tags. I have heard that one exporter is selling 813's for 50k over seas. Ofcourse they are being paid for with money that our government gave to them in the form of foriegn aid. Our politicians wasting our tax dollars as usual.

frodobaggins

I see them showing up on Craigslist and peoples yard all the time. Before I had hardly ever seen them.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FZnYhCM-Y[/media]