• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where is best price on 5 ton sprags

gunit

im afraid i may be needing one. :-(im new to this, so i dont know where the best places to buy parts yet. anybody have one for sale or know who has the best prices on sprags. what kind of price do they go for:smile:

M1075

im afraid i may be needing one. :-(im new to this, so i dont know where the best places to buy parts yet. anybody have one for sale or know who has the best prices on sprags. what kind of price do they go for:smile:
I have a few 5 ton transfer cases available for sale. They look to be rebuilt in the Gvt. shipping container. $700 each.

wdbtchr

What exactly is wrong with yours, what is it doing/not doing? I thought mine was bad but truned out to be a bad duplex valve on the transmission.

gunit

i drove out on some ice and got the back wheels spinning but the fronts didnt spin and the truck would slide sideways. when in reverse the truck hooked real good but i couldnt tell if the fronts where spinning. rebuilt the engagement cyclinder on he TC and the piston would only travel about a 1/2 inch (dont know if thats the right amount or not, if not does anybody know how long a stroke in the engagement cylinder). going to raise the entire truck off the ground tonight to see if all turn. . any suggestions or tips:?:

wdbtchr

If it works in reverse but not forward, I'd bet on the duplex valve not working right. There is a kit to rebuild it, don't have the part # handy. You just take it apart and replace the rubber seats. Because you use the forward side the most the rubber wears down and won't open. I have heard some say just turn the rubber piece over, but that didn't work on mine.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gunit:
See my latest post on your thread "rebuild kit for air valve". We had a problem with one of our 5 tons in cold weather last night. Draining the transfer, flushing it with diesel oil and refilling with transdraulic oil solved the problem. Read the post in the other thread for more details.

Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks