• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is the best place to get a m35A2 front windshield and frame?

trider

I am needing to replace both front windshields and frames due to very bad rust and cracked glass on both and was wondering who has the best price and good quality? From my search it looks like the cheapest I can find is from C&C Equipment for $155 each plus shipping and they a new not used. Anyone ever bought one of these from C&C or know of a better deal?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want new or used? I may have one on my parts truck. I will have to check the condition.

there is alway Brown's Military in Binger.

Last edited:

trider

I have been looking at new ones as I hear the rubber seal around the frame is a real bear to change and thought it I got new ones I could throw them in but if used was cheap enough I would consider it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seals aren't that bad. I use liquid soap to make them slide in easier.

ATPTac

The seals aren't that bad. I use liquid soap to make them slide in easier.
I don't have any experience with changing them on Deuce's, but we use aerosol silicone spray at work to put in new window run rubber. Works like a charm. Granted liquid soap is probably something you would have sitting around the house.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing I've found with liquid soap is when applied it's as slick as snot but when it dries it's somewhat sticky, holding everything in place.

ATPTac

The thing I've found with liquid soap is when applied it's as slick as snot but when it dries it's somewhat sticky, holding everything in place.
Makes sense, kind of like tire bead lube (the heavy grease type, not liquid). Which come to think of it, would probably work great for setting glass seals.

Rusty nuts

I put the ones from C&C on my truck, they fit and look good. They are Korean made but what I would call good quality. Only gripe is that the screws holding the frame together started rusting pretty quick as the finish is not good on them.

trider

Well sounds like I can manage to replace the window frame seals and appears I have come up with one window frame from a friend of mine but still need one window frame and glass.

steelandcanvas

I had 2 badly scratched windshields and attempted to replace the glass. I soon found out it was more trouble than it was worth. The frames were rusted through in the groove where the glass and gasket sit, which could not be seen from the outside. I purchased 2 new units from C & C Equipment, granted the $155 price tag was a little steep, but the finished product was well worth it. I have not had the rust problem on the hardware like Rustynuts has, but I store my Deuce inside out of the weather.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I put the ones from C&C on my truck, they fit and look good. They are Korean made but what I would call good quality. Only gripe is that the screws holding the frame together started rusting pretty quick as the finish is not good on them.
For at least the last 7 or 8 years, the only new ones available from anyone or anywhere have been the Korean ones. They're actually made for the Kia-built M35 replicas that are made for the South Korean military.

I think the only way you're gonna' buy American windshields would be to find some NOS ones. Good luck with that.

The Korean windshields are fine except the mounting lip is thin and distorts when you tighten the screws. I'd run a bead of sealer along the lip (hinge), as when I've installed new windshields, they've leaked rain in between the inner and outer frame.

woodsboy29

a lot of people go through CNC. But I prefer white owl equipment. they're located in North Carolina. Free shipping on most parts.although I'm glas they do not warranty if it comes to you broken through shipping. Though they do offer to put it in a crate for extra

steelandcanvas

a lot of people go through CNC. But I prefer white owl equipment. they're located in North Carolina. Free shipping on most parts.although I'm glas they do not warranty if it comes to you broken through shipping. Though they do offer to put it in a crate for extra
As much sucess as I've had trading with George Kivett at White Owl, CNC ships them in a very sturdy box at no extra charge. Both vendors have very good customer service skills.