• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is the GP Controller?

ecarl4100

As in literally... Where is it? I'm getting ready to try and diagnose starting problems, and I wanted to visually inspect it before I start running the multimeter. Thanks

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's under the dash. It is in a black plastic box which is probably dangling down
from the cable that goes to that big circular connector mounted under the dash.
It is a small circuit board that fits in that case.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The box is by the steering column. It is about the size of a cigarette pack. I may have a cover over the end. Most are missing.

There are two other boxes at the center of the dash. They are for the STE/ICE diagnostic system.

FatBuddhaBoo

As in literally... Where is it? I'm getting ready to try and diagnose starting problems, and I wanted to visually inspect it before I start running the multimeter. Thanks
You could start with that, but I'd go for lower hanging fruit like air in the fuel, glow plug relay then glow plugs. Took me a few hours to get mine running and it turned out to ultimately be the glow plugs. (had to upgrade the fuel filter regardless and changed the relay just be certain).

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks