• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is the "new thread" button?

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My profile says I can post, but this seems to be the only sub-forum that I can find a "new post" button. I can read the others, but can't find a way to post a new thread. Anybody know what I am doing wrong, or what is going on?
Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see any reason why you cant post, looking at your profile info.

Here's a picture of the New Thread button.

Attachments

odonnys

If you open your hood the "new thread button" should be located behind the battery. On the M1008 and 9 it's on the firewall between the heater blower motor and the resistor. It just depends on what you drive.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks all....As I said in my first post, I was able to see and use a "new thread" button in the Tips and Tricks section. So, sorry...but I was in the Forum help pages. I can see the other sub-forums, but no button to start a new thread in the general or Korean war vintage forums. I had totally exited SS and come back in, so should not have been in another thread. I would love to blame it on my advanced age and dementia but I don't think that I am there yet! When I found that I have made another stupid mistake, I will come back here to take my whippin'

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
screen print

Here is a screen print of what I see. I log in, choose forums, choose Korean to VN vehicles and get this screen. See the attachment.
aua

Well, no could attach the screen print, the message said the file was too big!

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, the next step you need to do is, select a sub-forum in that section(ie, M37, M38a1, etc).

Then you will see the New Thread button.

Attachments

Last edited:

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mia Culpa, Mia Culpa!!!!!!! too many cups a coffee? Just plain stupid? Anyhow, operator error. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways.
Doug

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Problemo [thumbzup]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks