• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where is the simpelst Check for the control indicator "4 WD active" in the dashboard

Elektroman99

The control indicator "4 WD active" in the dashboard is not lit.

I had already tested the bulb and it is functional, there was also no break in the ladder path in the dashboard display.
Now the next question would be where is the best place for me to check this. I saw at a parts store the "feeler". Where is this mounted on the transfer case? Or rather, from where is the best place to get to this connector socket on the shifter. (See picture)

https://www.us-army-military-shop.de/images/product_images/popup_images/4235_1.jpg

Can I reach this somewhere from the interior or only underneath the vehicle?
It is about this component:

https://www.us-army-military-shop.de/images/product_images/popup_images/4235_0.jpg

My simple question is where can I test the tech? I assume that the switch on the transfer case closes the circuit for the gauge in the cockpit, and it is the two wires that go from the dash in the footwell towards the 4 WD shift lever.

Where is the best place to view the switch from?

Sincerely
Bernd

Elektroman99

I have a further question here. :cry:

I removed the 4WD shift lever cover and wanted to follow the pressure sensor cable route. But I couldn't see the "pressure switch" in the distributor gearbox housing through the opening of the shift lever. The cable went to the front, but I couldn't see the "pressure switch" in the housing of the distributor gearbox.

Now the message to the community:
If I wanted to check the pressure switch for the “4WD operation” warning light, what is the best (easiest) way to get to it? Has anyone ever changed the “pressure switch” without completely dismantling the Chevrolet Blazer K5? ❔

Does anyone know on which page and in which TM the exchange is described? ❔
I did not find it.

Barrman

Are you referring to the switch on the top of the transfer case that grounds the wire for the 4WD light when the transfer case is in 4wd?

I changed mine out from under the truck.

Elektroman99

That's exactly what I meant, I was hoping when studying the transfer case that I could reach the switch for the shift lever from the driver's cab.

OK, then I'll have to take a look at it from below...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks