• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where is the vacuum pump supposed to be, and will the pump for a k30 work in a d30?

scrapmetalmike

Hi,
I am a new member and I bought a Cucv m1008 a couple of days ago. It its shifting hard into 2nd, read through the forums, and they said to check the vacuum hoses. I looked under the truck, and the vacuum hose is cut in half, I am assuming that's where the vacuum pump should be. Is the vacuum pump supossed to be under the truck or is the line just cut? Also if I am missing the pump will the k30 pump work on the d30?
Thanks

NEWFDAD

The vacuum pump is located where the distributer would be on a Chevy gas V8 ( top near the firewall passenger side). Remove the air filter assy to see it bettter.

Keith_J

And the vacuum pump connects to the throttle position sensor on the injection pump, the lower port. There is a rubber block, GM part number 22506637 which assures proper connection, it isn't needed. It only prevents incorrect assembly.

The upper port on the injection pump's sensor connects to the transmission's vacuum modulator.

tbearatkin

Your vacuum regulator may be bad as well which may be why they disconnected the line.

vacuum regulator (PN 14057219)

This is link to a picture circled in blue on where that part is at.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/76410-think-my-injector-pump-shot-2.html

Those rubber hoses inside your blue circle are attached to the transmission vacuum valve.

The upper hose coming off that valve connects to a metal hard line that runs along the passenger side valve cover. This hard line travels toward the rear passenger corner of the engine and down to the transmission. The lower hose off that valve should route around or underneath the intake manifold towards the large vacuum pump at the middle rear of the engine.

Are you referring to the transmission vacuum modulator? I had hard and late shifts also. Replace all vac lines and than replace the trans vac modulator its only about 12 bucks at napa. Just ask for the part for a k5 blazer proper year I think they are all the same. very easy to replace just one bolt but make sure to clean it before you remove the old one

tbearatkin

Are you referring to the transmission vacuum modulator? I had hard and late shifts also. Replace all vac lines and than replace the trans vac modulator its only about 12 bucks at napa. Just ask for the part for a k5 blazer proper year I think they are all the same. very easy to replace just one bolt but make sure to clean it before you remove the old one
Wish it was that cheap for my area NAPA charged $100 for that part number I listed. vacuum regulator (PN 14057219).

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe yall are talking about two different parts. 14057219 fits on the side of the injection pump. Paraclete may be rerring to the vacuum valve that fits on the side of the transmission.

scrapmetalmike

Thank you everyone for you're help, I took off the vacuum regulator valve, and went to buy a new one, they had the wrong part at napa, I put it back in adjusted closer to the firewall, and now it runs and shifts like a champ! Thanks again!:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks