• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where should I mount my glow plug circuit board?

quiksilver1j

When I bought the truck the glowe plugs were wired up to a manual switch.. I purchases an installed a new board from cucv electric (works great thx guys) and had to re wire the system (the glow plug relay was installed upside down ... The secondary leads were on the right terminals but the primary were backwards I wasn't sure if it mattered. Just to make sure I didn't fry my board I rewired it and it works great! But now I got a electronic component hanging from under my dash near the brake pedal (def not safe) . Where is te boards plastic housing suppose to be located? I tried sliding it into the slots in the sidebof the fuse panel but the didn't work? Can some one take a picture or direct me to the correct mounting location?

gijoe13

Just ziptie it up to the harness out of the way of your feet. Then a quick snip and it is accessible if you need access to it.

quiksilver1j

ThanKa the ziptie idea is a good one .. I think I'll try that... I just wanted to secure it because I know how electronics hate vibrations (especially sodered connections) ..

I still wonder where it was originally mounted... Since the wireharness is short it can't be all that far away from the brake pedal area.

Once again thx SS for the quick response ... I am sure I will have plenty more questions as I rebuild this truck.

I'm not sure if there was a specific weak component on the controller card itself. I think just the card as a whole was a weak point in the system, especially after a few years of bouncing and wiggling around (the 24volt to 12volt resistor setup on the firewall being another weak spot).

My controller card went out last weekend. I bypassed it this week. I had two spare cards...only one worked (and it was the crappiest looking one). So I said screw it...and I put in a momentary switch.

I hope you have good luck with the one CUCV Electric. From what I've heard they have nothing but great products and great service there.

Last edited:
glow plug circuit board.

When I bought the truck the glowe plugs were wired up to a manual switch.. I purchases an installed a new board from cucv electric (works great thx guys) and had to re wire the system (the glow plug relay was installed upside down ... The secondary leads were on the right terminals but the primary were backwards I wasn't sure if it mattered. Just to make sure I didn't fry my board I rewired it and it works great! But now I got a electronic component hanging from under my dash near the brake pedal (def not safe) . Where is te boards plastic housing suppose to be located? I tried sliding it into the slots in the sidebof the fuse panel but the didn't work? Can some one take a picture or direct me to the correct mounting location?
I am new to this site. Please don't mad if i am posting this in the wrongs spot. I just want to know where i can get a glow plug circuit board. mine go fried when my engine ground broke. That is fixed now but had to replace a few things and this is one of them. IT keeps killing my batteries. Auto zone had now clue what i was talking about..

cpf240

I am new to this site. Please don't mad if i am posting this in the wrongs spot. I just want to know where i can get a glow plug circuit board. mine go fried when my engine ground broke. That is fixed now but had to replace a few things and this is one of them. IT keeps killing my batteries. Auto zone had now clue what i was talking about..
You won't find the GP controller at any civilian-market auto parts stores as far as I know.

I would check the classifieds here on SS for used or NOS controllers. There are also two members here who make brand new controllers that are supposed to be better quality parts, etc. I have not used one of these new controllers, so I can't say how well they do or do not work. I can say that I have bought other parts from one of these vendors and have been very happy with the service I received.

Often you can find them on one of those well-known auction sites.