• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where should I start ? My deuce has a miss at 1200-1600rpm

Bugoutwhistler

My deuce starts right up and idles great , it accels fine but at a cruising speed in any gear it will miss and pop at about 1200-1600 or so rpm ,if you speed up or slow down it goes away . I just got the truck not long ago and am fixing things a bit at a time . I ordered a full set of filters because I have no idea when they were changed and the guy I got the truck from is a liar . Is this a good place to start or should I look for something else as well ? :cookoo:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Filters clogged usually shows as power loss, especially under load.

I'd probably start at the injectors and work my way backwards. Take injectors out and check for obvious damage/crud buildup. I have a local diesel injection shop that ultra-sonic cleans and balances a set of injectors for little $$ and IMHO that is worth it in any case, whether it is the reason for the problem or not. Remove injector lines and blow them through with compressed air. A piece of something that ended up there could cause a blockage. After re-mounting, bleed the lines one by one and then ensure you seat them well and tight.

You may also want to check out the inside of your fuel tank; residues of water and who-knows-what could also contribute to your problem.

If the problem persists after that, IP is next.

Last edited:

Heavysteven

Well, start making sure the enginee is getting a constent flow of fuel. Inspect the fuel pump, fuel lines, and replace the fuel filters. Post results

I can't comment on the previous owner.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The $10,000.00 leaf

If you have not heard about the $10,000.00 leaf, this may help......

CONCLUSION

A leaf got into the fuel tank of a new ford just off warranty. It would float to the top and when it chose to, would hang around the fuel stem and disrupt fuel flow. It would then float away for a while and come back when conditions were right.

Symptom....... periodic interruption of fuel flow.

The 'shop' started at the IP, then injectors, filters, air system and eventually, after several failed solutions, got around to the fuel tank.

After $10,000.00 of trouble shooting they went after the spot that, illogically could be the first place to start, a clean fuel supply system.

If you know your tank is spotless, then this may help someone else.

A spotless tank makes everybody happy! Good Luck and let us know what you find.

Last edited:

Rusty nuts

Did you ever get this solved? Mine is doin the same thing except mine does 1500 rpm and up, under 1500, it runs great.