• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where those refurbished HEMTTs went

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the THAAD system has been fielded for a few years, and has a very specialized HEMMT based platform. Was developed and fielded way before the refurb contract with Oshkosh. ADA runs a majority of HEMMT based vehicles, Patriot Prime Movers for the launder and radar trailers, HEMMT Cargos with cranes, HEMMT Generator Trucks and THAAD. The rest (small number) are either with in the FMTV or HMMWVs. A few units are still running M939 series vehicles for specialty systems until they go to reset.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
the THAAD system has been fielded for a few years, and has a very specialized HEMMT based platform. Was developed and fielded way before the refurb contract with Oshkosh. ADA runs a majority of HEMMT based vehicles, Patriot Prime Movers for the launder and radar trailers, HEMMT Cargos with cranes, HEMMT Generator Trucks and THAAD. The rest (small number) are either with in the FMTV or HMMWVs. A few units are still running M939 series vehicles for specialty systems until they go to reset.
That guard unit at mockville, nc still had a few 936s and even a 935 i believe.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That guard unit at mockville, nc still had a few 936s and even a 935 i believe.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
My last unit, 108th ADA BDE, active duty at Bragg, still had some 5 tons with specialty shelters when I left in 2014, and they weren't slated to be replaced for a few years as whomever "bought" the number of extended up armored MTVs forgot to include ADA in the buy...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks