• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy fuel filters

zr2yz125

I looked in the TM for the NSN for a fuel filter. There is no NSN but it shows, " ELEMENT ASSEMBLY PART OF KIT P/N 256476, 11664669 " I'm coming up short googling for those P/N's. I see where midwest military has some, but none of the part numbers match up. None of the operators manuals have filter part numbers, only fluid type/capacity.

I thought NSNs were the best way to look things up on the internet. I searched on here and could not find much about FF part numbers.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe mine, which is a M998 is different, but I just did this job a few weeks ago and this worked perfectly for me.

HUMVEE HMMWV FUEL WATER SEPARATOR FILTER + MAIN FUEL FILTER

There is a youTube on the procedure, but it is easier if you drain at the pet cock, then just remove the three bolts on the top only, and you can move the top aside enough without removing any of the hoses. Replace the two elements, and o-ring and bolt it back up. Apply a good amount of suction with a miti-vac or similar to get the fuel from the tank up into the canister, and it will start after bucking like a SOB.

Last edited:

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked in the TM for the NSN for a fuel filter. There is no NSN but it shows, " ELEMENT ASSEMBLY PART OF KIT P/N 256476, 11664669 " I'm coming up short googling for those P/N's. I see where midwest military has some, but none of the part numbers match up. None of the operators manuals have filter part numbers, only fluid type/capacity.

I thought NSNs were the best way to look things up on the internet. I searched on here and could not find much about FF part numbers.
WARNING... rant/pet peeve to follow...... If you haven't already opened up the fuel filter attention should be paid to any slim/algae/Diesel snot/microbes growing on the outside of the filter. If anything ugly is present a good cleaning of the fuel system is in order...... tank, lines, check valves, filter housing EVERYTHING. The green tube in the middle is a coalescer that removes water and drops it to the bottom of the filter housing. If it is not damaged it can be rinsed and reused. Change the filter and buy an extra. 5589161 filter ...5741059 water separator. Cleaning the fuel system is a nice way to spend your time while you wait on the paperwork! Enjoy your new toy!!!

zr2yz125

Thanks everyone! I was not aware of mac motors or kascar. I've added both sites to my list of sources.

Good call on checking the filter for algae and slime.

PaulbusMax

Speaking of fuel filters, today i replaced the filter on my new to me M1097. Easy enough but i notice the filter cartridge sits loosely in the housing, meaning when the top is reinstalled with its o-ring and water separator, you can give the assembly a little shake and feel/hear the filter cartridge bumping around in it. Shouldn’t the cartridge be held firmly so fuel doesn’t just bypass the filter?

Klingerson

Speaking of fuel filters, today i replaced the filter on my new to me M1097. Easy enough but i notice the filter cartridge sits loosely in the housing, meaning when the top is reinstalled with its o-ring and water separator, you can give the assembly a little shake and feel/hear the filter cartridge bumping around in it. Shouldn’t the cartridge be held firmly so fuel doesn’t just bypass the filter?
Any aftermarket fuel water separator and fuel filter mods? Think like cat filters or marine filters.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you bought a Chinese knock off

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks