• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy tire and wheel?

ToddJK

Here you go:
I figured the last two numbers was the year but had no idea the first two were the week. Thanks buddy!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone, first post here. I just purchased a new to me deuce and a half with super singles. I have searched the web and can't find where to purchase a spare wheel and tire. I could be wrong but I believe these are not your standard deuce wheels? Im also wondering if this dry View attachment 877374rot along the side walls are something i should be concerned about. ThanksView attachment 877373
I had a very good experience with feltz tire they are located in Texas and also Wisconsin. I got two Goodyear mv/ts and a complete wheel assembly for my fmtv from them for about $600 delivered to the other side of Wisconsin where I purchased my truck

ToddJK

Works amazing on plastics and such. Going to try it on my tires to shine them up for the rally.
I got a bottle of that AeroSpace rubber conditioner. Cleaned the tires with soap and degreaser. Sprayed it on and let sit for ten mins. Wipe with damp cloth. Tires look brand new, no shine, just a matte finish. Supposed to provide up to 5 weeks of UV protection. I figured one treatment a month should work and it doesn't take much so a bottle should last six months.

kenn

Did Feltz tire go under? Their site for feltz tire south here in texas has been down for a while and I just noticed their main site is now in some kind of "default" mode by their web host service. They haven't returned either of my emails from the last two weeks...

dxhend2

Did Feltz tire go under? Their site for feltz tire south here in texas has been down for a while and I just noticed their main site is now in some kind of "default" mode by their web host service. They haven't returned either of my emails from the last two weeks...
Looks like Feltz's site is up and running now.
I've purchased from them in the past, always good communications.

therealquaid

Do y’all think I need new tires? My mechanic said because I’m running tubes these sidewall cracks are not a risk and with a good tread these would still last a good while.

Date codes say 2004, I know for sure the truck has had them on for at least 10 years now and I’m running tubes in 395s on stock wheels.
3068D98F-6015-4DA6-A9A8-C9AAF25F8B03.jpeg5FEF60CB-A955-404E-93FE-CEB7BA25FDD7.jpeg
Even if they could last a while it’s for a daily driver including off-road…
I haven’t found any local to me in Southern California so I may call Jack in Tucson.

Last edited:

williamh

I don’t even want to say how long I ran in tires that were from 56 and capped and had cracks that made those looki like yours still had nipples on them. Wouldn’t recommend going full load or speed. Those are surface cracks till Thier not anymore.
Not saying you should drive on anything other than new rubber.
not like there pumped up to120psi and your pulling 80k

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to run big singles, you might flip the rear hubs. Not too difficult to do.

Pull the axle shaft, then the hub. Drive out the wheel studs and reinsert the other way.

Mount the hub flange out, the bearings have the same cup number.

New seals might be in order, but seal the spindle groove with a blob of RTV rather than the troublesome cork wedge.

Put the wheels back on, dish in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks