• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to find an oil pan gasket?

TexRdnec

i have looked at something like 12 different parts suppliers websites and damned if i can find an oil pan gasket anywhere. i've googled and ebayed and everything else i could think of up to this point.

where have yall gotten yours? are they like snipe? should i just invest in silicone?

avengeusa

is it cork, rubber, tell me more about it

I can have them made, i have a friend who owns a seal company and is friendly to MV's

TexRdnec

don't have a clue. i haven't pulled the pan because i don't want to do it until i have a replacement pan and gasket at the ready.

Keith_J

i used black rtv silicone. works fine

This. If you must have an old school gasket in there, it is quite expensive due to size.

There is ZERO pressure on it, that big "pollution pipe" assures no pressure will build in the crankcase.

Get the black Permatex Ultimate. It can also be used on the axle flanges. One tube will do you just fine.

Carl_in_NH

You can also make your own using nothing more than a roll of cork gasket material, an awl for tracing an outline and marking hole centers, a razor blade, and a six pack of beer. A six pack is required due to the amount of time it takes to do it - being careful not to slip and ruin your work - or spill your beer.

The RTV material is sounding better.

Keith_J

You can also make your own using nothing more than a roll of cork gasket material, an awl for tracing an outline and marking hole centers, a razor blade, and a six pack of beer. A six pack is required due to the amount of time it takes to do it - being careful not to slip and ruin your work - or spill your beer.

The RTV material is sounding better.
The RTV works fine as long as you take a straight edge along the bolt hole to make sure they are not caved in. Hammer will fix those.

The ONLY caution would be to not use so much RTV that it squeezes into the oil pan where it might block the pickup. Wait an hour before refilling.

Since I will be there, Tex need not worry :-D

Barrman

A ball peen hammer is a great way to not only mark, but cut out the bolt holes when making a gasket. Good for pushing the thin pan metal back to straight too.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried all the normal places? Memphis, Saturn. White Owl, Antelope Valley, etc?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks